Wedding Reception Forum

centerpiece help!

im in the middle of trying to figure out my centerpieces. I saw a picutre in a magazine with a glass dome with a strand of white lights in it. I think it looks awesome and want to somehow pull that off. I have already bought 12 glass domes or they are also called clotches. I am having problems figuring out the string of light situation because I wont have access to sockets to plug them in. Are there such adapters that I could plug a 100 christmas light strand into that can make it battery operated and last about 5 hours? I have looked in to battery operated light strands but those only have 10-20 lights and I need more lights than that.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!!

Re: centerpiece help!

• I don't know if you have one near you, but Craft Warehouse has rice lights that are battery operated and are longer than that. I bought some last Christmas, I love them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you wait until Christmas time and look at stores like Target, Meijer, Lowes, or Home Depot, I'm sure that you will find something that works there.   I know I bought some battery operated lights from Target last year.

Totally just and idea and I'm not sure the logistics of how these work, but I know they also make solar powered Christmas lights.  If you're in a hall that is willing to do some set up for you, they may be willing to toss them in your centerpieces after setting them outside for the day.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards