Maryland-Baltimore

Venue recommendations for a very small, intimate indoor ceremony

Hi,
We are late to the planning game because we were waiting for my fiance's visa to come through.  We will be having a very small ceremony (about 12 people) in November 2011 in the Baltimore area.  While we would love to get married outdoors, that's just not an option in November, and most of the indoor sites I am seeing have much larger capacities, like 75-100+ people.  I'd like to find a smaller, more intimate venue so it doesn't look deserted :)  We don't need a reception venue since we'll be going out to eat after.  So I need to find a place that we can rent for ONLY a ceremony, no reception, no catering.  I'm going to try to visit the Gramercy Mansion and  and Carroll Museum next week to see if one of their rooms will work.  Any other suggestions?  We would love a small chapel or historic house.
thanks very much!

Re: Venue recommendations for a very small, intimate indoor ceremony

• celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chase Court has a very pretty indoor space that they do small ceremonies in: http://chasecourt.com/

They also do "elopement packages" where they can provide you with an oficiant, flowers, and a photographer if you want it. If you haven't already picked where you are going to eat afterwards, there are several good choices in that area. 

Their website has extensive information so this should help you decide if it is right for you. They take reservations for ceremony-only events no more than three months ahead of time so you are right on track to look for available dates.

They only downside is that it is between $900 and $1800 for the ceremony or elopement package which seemed high to me for a short time period, but it may be in your budget. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LoveKissLoveKiss member
    edited December 2011
    Check with a bed and breakfast. We are having a slightly larger group (37 people) at a B&B in Easton that has it's own restaurant. The ceremony will be in an all glass conservatory, so it's almost like being outside, and the dinner will be in their restaurant. www.innat202dover.com

There's also the small wedding package at The Brampton Inn for up to 20 people. You can get married on their covered porch or in front of their gorgeous fireplace. The Brampton is lovely. Mr. LK and I always enjoy staying there and it was our first choice for getting married (before we realized that our guest list was too big).

Peralynna in Columbia would also work. It's right across the road from Clarks Elioak Farm, which would be a great place for pictires, as would centennial park, which is just up the street. And it's practically next door to Iron bridge Winne co., which has great food, service, and atmosphere.

Or maybe the Wayside in Ellicott City. I can't vouch for this place, because we haven't stayed there, but a friend's husband was the architect on its rehab a few years ago, and his work is always phenomenal. You could do Ellicott City or Columbia for dinner, so you would have plenty of food options.

Check out bedandbreakfast.com. They have a useful ledger that tells you which inns host weddings.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!!  The B&B idea is great.  Talking to my dad today, he is pretty stuck on Lebanese Taverna for food (we have a lot of mediterranean heritage and he is a foodie) so we will either need to hold the ceremony near the Baltimore or Bethesda restaurants, or find a site that allows us to use our own caterer.  The Baltimore restaurant does have a really nice modern-ish private room, at least.

I'm going to check out Chase court for the ceremony, and Carrollton inn as well, and I saw someone mention Hebron House in another post, which looks like another option.  I've also seen an older church in the harbor area - Old Otterbein - that looks just lovely and would make FI very happy since he is more religious than I - and we then we could use fed hill park for pictures.  It looks a bit expensive for the ceremony, but you don't need to be a church member or even methodist, which is really nice.  Has anyone else here been married there?

I had looked at the Belair Mansion, and was getting really excited about it till I saw they have a rule about no red wine or saucy foods, which did NOT go over well with dad  :p
  • edited December 2011
    MelliMelo- I sent you a private message about this :)
  • celticmysscelticmyss member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maryland-baltimore_venue-recommendations-very-small-intimate-indoor-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:85Discussion:ecf806eb-e332-4dd6-95d3-f6d5542baeedPost:f3acc5ca-0b3b-40c2-a593-861e0764e715">Re: Venue recommendations for a very small, intimate indoor ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've also seen an older church in the harbor area - Old Otterbein - that looks just lovely and would make FI very happy since he is more religious than I - and we then we could use fed hill park for pictures.  It looks a bit expensive for the ceremony, but you don't need to be a church member or even methodist, which is really nice.  
    Posted by mellimelo[/QUOTE]

<div>Every time I drive by this church I think about how gorgeous it is, though I have never been inside. It's my second favorite church aesthetically speaking in the whole city. </div><div>
    </div><div>However, you will need to keep in mind that parking in that area can be a nightmare and (considering you are marrying in November) if there is a football game that day it will be a mega-giant nightmare. It is unlikely that this will happen but it's just something to keep in mind. </div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    In looking for small chapels for my wedding, I found most things in Baltimore to be really pricey because they could accomodate more people. I looked into the Annapolis area and found a beautiful tiny chapel. They can accmodate 12 people plus bride and groom inside or 24 people outside. The prices (anywhere from $200 to $600) include an officiant who seems happy to work to individualize the service. I was really impressed with the looks of this place, but it's a little too small for me as we're having 30 people. It's very close to downtown Annapolis with lots of restaurants to go to afterwards. It's about a 30-40 minute drive from Baltimore. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards