Honeymoon Discussions
Options

July HM

FI are getting married June 29 & plan on leaving July 1. Any ideas on best AI places to go during that month? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: July HM

• Options
    July is part of hurricane season so theoretically anywhere in the Caribbean could potentially get hit by one. However, as long as you purchase trip insurance you will be fine.

Other options include AIs on one of the ABC islands as they are outside of the hurricane belt (Aruba, Bonaire, and Curacao). You could also look at going to an AI on the West coast of Mexico (i.e. Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, etc).
  • Options
    We're getting married on the 29th, too & (hopefully) leaving for our HM on the 1st, too!  We're having trouble finding something.  I originally read that the Domincan Republic had great weather year-round, so we were leaning towards Iberostar Grand Bavaro - but then we read about hurricane season.  We really want something with a direct flight from Boston, which also narrows down our choices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2012
    We were concerned about hurricaine season after two couples we know went to Jamaica and...someplace else...and got hit with nasty weather during their July honeymoons. We looked into Aruba, had everything we were looking for and well within our budget, before deciding to go to Hawaii (Maui). It was a lot more money, well worth it , but nothing is AI out here. After checking my bank account a few minutes ago, next time I book a vacation, AI is a must! 

~ES~
  • Options
    We're getting married 7/13/13 and decided to go to St. Lucia even though it has the potential for a hurricane.  We did get travel insurance an if something happens, we'll just rebook.  I know it's such a difficult decision!  Good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards