Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

I lost my ring after 24 hours!

As of today, I have been engaged since Christmas. I have been looking for my ring since the day after. Somewhere between me putting on a sweatshirt and leaving my house for lunch with my family it slipped off my finger and has disappeared. My FI and I have looked everywhere and we are so worried and sick about the whole situation. The ring is insured but I want the ring I was given in front of my family back!
Has any one else experienced this situation?

Re: I lost my ring after 24 hours!

• Options
    Oh no! Good luck and stay positive. It will turn up!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yowzer.  At least you know when/approximately where it fell off right? Fingers crossed for you!
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement and good luck finding it! I've heard of a trick where you put a pair of pantyhose on the end of a vacuum cleaner hose. Then use it to go under beds, desks, in corners, etc. It's supposed to help with finding earrings, so it should help with the ring too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh no! I hope you find it soon! Congrats on your engagement!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations on your engagement and please come back here and let us know if you've found your ring.  Oh, and with pics!
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    OMG! I'm so getting mine sized down.  We haven't even gotten it insured yet.  I was in a panic just reading your post, I'm not even sure what I would do.

I hope you find it.  Good luck!!
    Doty
  • Options
    My FSIL did this, actually. The ring was underneath her dresser, because it had fallen off when she reached into a drawer that was open, and it fell behind the drawer onto the floor under there. So, maybe try under furniture you'd never expect? I also like the vacuum nozzle+pantyhose idea. I was gonna say, just vacuum then check the lint! But the pantyhose would protect it from banging around in there.
  • Options
    OMG, I'd be flipping out too! From what you describe, chances are it's in your home. Do you have any pets? Are they know for stealing items? I ask because I have cats who steal EVERYTHING! I lost a gold & diamond cocktail ring from my greatgrandmother for about a month. I tore the house apart. I knew it had to be in there somewhere. One day, it just appeared on the floor in front of my bed. I KNOW it wasn't there that morning. Obviously my cats were playing with it & took it out of their secret hiding spot. Cats....
  • Options
    Well congratulations on your engagement and good luck finding your ring. I would try the pantyhose trick. Definitely let us know if you find it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!  We're all sending good vibes your way in hopes that you find it safe and sound.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I hope it fell off before you left the house. I lost my class ring a couple years ago when I was out running errands. :-( I had to get my E-ring sized way down before I could wear it at all, and now it fits better than the rest of my rings do. I put Ring Snuggies on my other rings. After you find your ring, if you can't get it resized right away (or if it's the right size but your fingers get slippery like mine) I'd recommend Ring Snuggies.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    oh wow...good luck!
  • Options
    Congrats on your engagement!

I hope you find your ring though! And when you do, you might want to think seriously about getting it sized down so this doesn't happen again...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    [QUOTE]Congrats on your engagement and good luck finding it! I've heard of a trick where you put a pair of pantyhose on the end of a vacuum cleaner hose. Then use it to go under beds, desks, in corners, etc. It's supposed to help with finding earrings, so it should help with the ring too.
    Posted by achiduck[/QUOTE] <div>
    </div><div>I had never thought about that. I may have to use that trick under the washer and dryer.</div>
  • Options
    We actually have 3 cats and a dog, so I've been watching them to see if any of them decided to play with the new shiny thing. Sadly, I am still looking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards