Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Commence Panic

So, I have less than three weeks til the wedding and today I had a thing for work -- long story short, I have tank top looking sun burn.  Anyone have any suggestions, other than a spray tan, to make it fade and/or even out quickly?  Just what I needed, right?

Re: Commence Panic

• Options

yes...agree with above.  hawaiian tropic makes a good "after sun" body butter that has aloe, shea, and cocobutter.  i always use it after getting some sun and it really soothes the skin.  but yeah after it's healed all you can do is what amenter said but be careful not to irritate your skin.  is there a particular reason you wouldn't want to use sunless tanning?  you can get it really light (just a "glow") and it seems to help even out my complexion without looking fake.  either way, good luck! 

• Options
    You'll be fine.

I managed to broil myself alive at my beach bachelorette party labor day weekend, and my burn faded weeks ago (my wedding is next saturday). Now the tan lines it will fade to, that you will have to address once the burn goes away . But definitely keep lotioned up as much as possible and I would advise against getting sprayed / going in a tanning until you've peeled.
  • Options
    Dermablend is a great concealing and evening makeup just in case your exfoliating doesn't work. You can use it to cover up your tan lines. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ouch!  I had a crazy burn on my arms and my doc recommended vaseline or aquaphor to help the healing process in the immediate.  It's a bit greasy, but my skin healed within days.  Then I'd follow advice of others and just GENTLY exfoliate.  I think you'll be good to go by the time you walk down the aisle :)
    dml
  • Options
    Whew. Thanks yall.  I'm going to get some after sun lotion today.  I aloe'ed the hell out of it yesterday and today.  Doesn't jurt, which is a good sign.  Still, the wedding is two weeks away -- that's all I needed was another thing to worry about! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards