Ohio-Toledo
Options

Who gets extra cash?

I figure this is more of a local question because these things change place to place.  And I know this is asked OVER and OVER, but I haven't received a clear answer yet.  Maybe the Toledo girls can tell me what Toledo expectations are when it comes to tipping.  I know what a million different websites say about it, and truthfully I find different answers on each one.  I want real information Toledo girls...who did you tip?  Brides to be, who are you planning on tipping?

Thanks!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who gets extra cash?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have heard that you tip vendors that are not the owners of their companies... so like, if a DJ company has several DJs, he is one that you would tip.  Honestly, I didn't even know that people tipped, so I didn't.  But, I also think that every vendor I used was also the owner of the company.  Obviously, you can tip anyone who you feel did exceptional work.  HTH?  It wasn't a very straightforward answer.
  • Options
    MerinMerin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Abbey.   If they're the owner of the company, tipping isn't necessary.  But tipping for exceptional service is always nice.

I tipped my DOC because she was so fantastic, even though she's also the owner of the company.

Then, IIRC, we tipped the DJ (not the company owner, but also awesome service) and the bartenders (ditto the DJ situation).
    Causes that are important to me: Planned Pethood Graham's Foundation NOCC
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did not allow the bartenders to have a tip jar out, and we instead tipped them at the end of the night.  We also tipped the limo driver.   Our DJ was a family friend and did our wedding for free.  We didn't tip her and instead gave her a gift to show our gratitude.  However, if you are using a company, I agree with previous posts about tipping the DJ
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards