Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

What's the difference between a bikini wax or brazillian?

Ok, might be a stupid question.
I know a brazillian wax is basically everything from front to back (possibly a landing strip), but what exactly is a bikini wax?

Re: What's the difference between a bikini wax or brazillian?

• I believe it is just what wouldn't be coverd by a bathing suit - so like just the "bikini line."
  • Ditto pp. Brazilian leaves some, usually a small strip. I have never had this done before, but am taking the plunge and getting it done. Mostly bc I don't want to have to mess with shaving on the HM, and also FI asked me to do it.
  • I got a Brazilian and didn't leave anything. 

A bikini wax is just a wax of your bikini line so that no hair peeks out of your bathing suit.
  • I've never waxed before but was thinking of trying a diy bikini wax. How long does it "last" though?
  • edited June 2010
    bikini--only what would not be covered by a bikini. pretty much just your thighs.

Brazilian--traditionally, everything. however, modified Brazilians will leave a little.

to Mirembererebecca (btw, extremely hard name to type), I would not DIY a bkini wax the first time. it is SO  easy to damage and bruise the skin, so it's better to leave it to a pro the first few times until your skin gets "used" to it. a normal wax lasts most people a couple of weeks before one sees hair growth, depending on how fast hair grows (for me personally, I'm eastern European in ancestry, so only a week). over time, the time between waxes gets longer and longer.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • pooh8402-Thanks a ton!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards