April 2013 Weddings
Options

Aisle Runner

Our ceremony venue is a chapel with a large A-frame type structure with the entire west wall in glass and skylights as well. It's very plain inside and we cannot attach or hang anything in there. So for a pop of color, we are considering having an aisle runner, probably in our chosen green color for the wedding.

Anyone else considering this, too? Heard any yays or nays either way? Any websites you would recommend?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
image 225 Invited
image 53 Are ready to party!
image 18 Will be missing out!
image 154 Are MIA!
Reply requested by March 23.

Re: Aisle Runner

• Options
    The only suggestion I have about this is to make sure it is long enough and secured down. I as at a wedding a few years ago, and the aisle runner was really short, and it just didn't look right. It only came about 1/4 of the way down the aisle from the alter. I'm not sure how aisle runners are typically done, so this may be the norm, but it was on a roll, and some of the groomsmen unrolled it before the bride walked down the aisle and it wasn't long enough. Again, I'm not sure what the norm is, but I thought it was kind of strange. 

And then when the bride got to it, it got stuck under her dress as she walked over it, so I suggest somehow making sure it is secured down. 
    135 invited image | 45 Yes image | 11 No image | 79 Still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 23
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaids Dresses
  • Options
    I'm going to attempt a DIY runner in the event we have to hold our wedding indoors at our reception venue.  (Man, I hope not!!!  lol) 

It's just going to be plain white but I'm going to buy white rose petals in bulk from the dollar store and dye them in our colors, then glue them along the edges.  I know it will be time-consuming but they turn out gorgeous if you take your time and do them right with a variety of shades/colors.  Something similar to this:  http://diy.weddingbee.com/topic/flower-petal-lined-aisle-runner
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_aisle-runner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:f807af99-da14-44c6-b99e-4aa57e5808ccPost:4f39172c-91ad-4582-8ea7-54f59d7af4a4">Re: Aisle Runner</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>The only suggestion I have about this is to make sure it is long enough and secured down</strong>. I as at a wedding a few years ago, and the aisle runner was really short, and it just didn't look right. It only came about 1/4 of the way down the aisle from the alter. I'm not sure how aisle runners are typically done, so this may be the norm, but it was on a roll, and some of the groomsmen unrolled it before the bride walked down the aisle and it wasn't long enough. Again, I'm not sure what the norm is, but I thought it was kind of strange.  And then when the bride got to it, it got stuck under her dress as she walked over it, so I suggest somehow making sure it is secured down. 
    Posted by Blondy214[/QUOTE]

This!!

I went to a wedding that was technically indoors, but it was very open, by the water and very windy. The aisle runner was loose and ended up doing a crazy wind dance and they had to stop everything to secure it. Someone had to get out of their seat and stand on the end of it so it would stop - for the entire ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards