Michigan-Detroit

Cupcakes

i really want to do cupcakes. I have gone to Just Baked and KJ Confections. I didn't think it would be cheaper then a cake but I was surprised how much more they are. Because of the tower rentals and delivery fees. Does anyone know of another place that specializes in cupcakes. My wedding is in commerce township. Thanks!!!

Re: Cupcakes

• edited December 2011
    I have a great place she didn't charge for rentals of the stuff, her delivery fee was 25 and cupcakes were only 1.50 each.  She does it out of her house and doesn't go to commerce though! Keep looking and you will find someone!  Best thing to do is find a person who does it out of their house!!
  • Kimbus 87Kimbus 87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just bought a stand (actually off another knottie) for the cupcakes which was round and made out of wood. Then we just ordered cupcakes (we LOVE Sam's club so we got their cupcakes --- supper yummy and cheap. We had chocolate cupcakes with white frosting and red heart  and then vanilla cupcakes with red frosting and "M" on them. I wanted something really simple and it turned out great. Also people were fighting over the few left over cupcakes we had -- our DJ had like 4 the night of the wedding!) and put a 8in cake on top to cut,

• edited December 2011
    July032011- who is your lady i am looking for cheap cupcakes as favors and could pick them up myself.. :)
  • Jen1029Jen1029 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try Cup.Cake in Royal Oak or Happy Endings Bakeshop in Bham(works out of her home, fabulous work, look her up on Facebook).

Like them both alot!!
  • mel7997mel7997 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The cupcakes for my shower were done by a friend who is a trained pastry chef.  He just moved back to MI and is looking to get back into baking.  He did my cupcakes for $1 each and delivered them, but not sure how much he charges for non friends. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would see if you could make a cupcake stand yourself.  I thought about doing this but we ended up deciding on a cake instead.  I've seen some directions before that didn't seem too difficult to make.  Maybe Michaels or Joanns or another craft store has stands as well that would work for you?  I know Michaels has some.
  • edited December 2011
      My venue actually has display stuff for cupcakes already. I haven't seen it to know if I'll like it or not though. If I don't, I saw some cupcake stands on ebay that were inexpensive and you can decorate yourself.
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Jenny,

This is who I went through for my cake. I know she does cupcake towers and her prices are pretty reasonable.

http://www.cakesbystephaniemi.com/
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Well, I know this won't really help but we are baking ours oursleves. His mom has been baking to get everything perfect for moment and finally was able to make the buttercream frosting perfect!! (however, we are doing everything homemade!)

BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Martina! I'll check it out. Your pics are awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards