Ohio-Columbus

Looking for DJ/price suggestions

Hey all! The DJ we're currently looking at is $645 for 5 hours and I just wanted to see who you all have/had for your DJs and how much they are to see if I should not settle with this one!
  *The DJ is not THE most important thing to us, so we're not looking to pay more for a higher quality DJ.  

Re: Looking for DJ/price suggestions

• edited December 2011
    Sounds about average to me.. our wedding is about 70 miles east and our DJ is $450. Remember though my weddings is 70 miles east and things are a lot cheaper outside of Columbus..
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. We are about 25 min west of Columbus and our dj is $450 for 4 hours. I am sure we will be going over, so it will end up being more than that, but at least it gives you an idea.
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Lou Schocken.  He is $700 flat for "unlimitied" time.

• edited December 2011
    We are using Matt Ryan Mobile DJs and we are about 700 for the night, which seemed to be an average price for columbus.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Sensational Sounds and he is $1200 for the night.
  • edited December 2011
    675 for 4 hours here.
  • shlittertootsshlittertoots member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using daze entertainment and we're paying $300 (I think--or $350) for 4 hours, in downtown Columbus.  Brian is really nice--I can let you know how he is on the actual wedding (June 12th)  Found his ad on craigslist--if you are on a budget I would look at craigslist for photographers too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Craiglist for sure if you want a super cheap DJ and/or photographer.  And I wouldn't even accept their first price, see if you can get them down even more!  I think that most of the vendors on CL are pretty much beginners at their craft, and therefore don't charge as much.  You should be able to bargain them down even more.  I found some DJs and Photo that there really cheap that didn't have website or anything.  After calling them they seemed to be college students that just did it on the side.  That wasn't quite what we were looking for, but if one segment of the overall wedding day isn't that important to you.. . . I say go ahead and save yourself some money.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Ryan Smith and paying just under $1000 for unlimited time. Initially, this was more than I had wanted to spend, but he is very highly recommended and is going to be setting up all of the audio for both the ceremony and reception (in two different venues) and providing music during both. Since it saves us the trouble of finding a ceremony musician and also having to rent audio equipment for the ceremony, I figured it was worth it to pay a little more money for the added value.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards