North Dakota

Another Review of Bismarck Vendors

We got married in Bismarck June 20th... I'm not going to go through all of them, but I wanted to highlight the best and the worst of the vendors we worked with... WORST - Rockin' Ricks Royal DJ... he was terrible. He did not have the list of suggested songs that we provided a month in advance and played random stuff and my husband went and asked him what was up and then comes and asks me if I could write down my e-mail address and he would try to find it... then would announce at each song whether it was from the list, or his choice, or a request... annoying... and he repeated at least 5 songs... earning him the nickname of Repeat Rick fot the night... BEST - KLK Photography... she's from Valley City... but was so great! Really personable and easy to work with! Never stopped the entire 8 hours we had her booked, not to eat or anything... she was flexible for an "unconventional" way of the timing of pictures for this area and did a great at sticking to timelines and getting all of the posed shots we wanted and the pictures turned out wonderful!! I would recommendher to anyone! EH... Somewhere in the Middle - Doublewood Inn... this is where we had the reception... In the end everything turned out really nice, but the wedding coordinator was not very communicative and it was hard to know what was going on, and they screwed up a few things like the meals we ordered versus what we got... but they were still alright... the people working there were not very helpful or friendly...

Re: Another Review of Bismarck Vendors

• edited December 2011
    Yikes.. who did you work with at the Doublewood Inn. I'm getting married there in May 2010.. we are having a buffet style so that might make a difference.. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also having my reception at the Doublewood in June of 2010..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards