New York
Options

New to the Knot- Looking for venue for Fall 2011- Any recommendations?

Hello. I am newly engaged and I am looking for some recommendations for budget friendly, but nice, wedding venues in or around the Syracuse area. Anyone have any? Some places I am considering include, Craftsman Inn, Red Mill Inn, Springside Inn, Belhurst Castle and Emerson Park. Would welcome any ideas/suggestions!

Re: New to the Knot- Looking for venue for Fall 2011- Any recommendations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a big fan of the Finger Lakes.... although not many venues in that area are what I would consider "budget friendly"... but I guess that depends on your budget. 
    My wedding is at Glenora and I couldn't be happier.  It is gorgoues, but definitely not easy on the wallet.  Belhurst is even a little pricier as far as I know.
    There are lots of places in an around Syracuse and I am sure the other brides on this board can add tons of ideas.
    One place I really think is awesome is the zoo... there is another bride on this board looking into it (sorry, don't know her name) but I am sure she can help you out with some info.

If you give us a little information to help narrow things down, you will likely get some great feedback...
    Are you looking for indoor or outdoor?
    A place for just the reception?  Just the ceremony or both?
    How many guests are you looking to have?
    (Without getting too nosey) is your budget... broke college-student-ish or a little higher?

Congrats on the engagement and good luck with your planning!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! No- our budget is not "Broke College," we are both pretty established in our careers, we just want to cut corners where we can! Definitely an indoor reception because we are strongly leaning towards November. We have a church in Dewitt, so we will probably have the ceremony there, but again, nothing is set in stone. I will look at the zoo.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its a 20 min-ish drive...but my reception is at Wysockis in Cicero and theyre very budget friendly. The room Im in has a lot of white decoration already (however there are 2 other rooms). Their food is great and decently priced. We're having a buffet and for 4 meat choices its $12.25/pp! For a sit down meal it ranges from $15-19/pp. I have a very small budget and my best choices were there or Dibbles Inn, in Vernon. I thought the owner was a btch, but it was beautiful. Again, its a bit of a drive

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    bout2break69bout2break69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A few places I looked at were turningstone, manor house, greystone castle ( they usually book early though but it's a beautiful venue. However I've heard the person in charge can be quite rude), bayshore grove looked nice but I couldn't get ahold of them :(, the landmark theater is pretty cool. Mirbeau inn and spa is beautiful a little more pricey though. We chose it for our ceremony for their beautiful garden outside and classy feel inside. Justins grill also has a very nice, reasonably priced banquet room and the coordinator, heather, is extremely nice. You could also check into wineries if that interests you. I know a few people who had weddings at one and it was really nice. That's all I can think of for now but I'm sure I can think of plenty more if you need them lol.
    A decade of dating is ending with the beginning of a lifetime journey with my best friend:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check the Oneida Community Mansion if you don't mind something a little different. I LOVED it, but the fiance didn't so we ruled it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amyegunnipamyegunnip member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Springside Inn on Columbus Day weekend 2012. I have had several aunts/uncles/friends/etc. get married there and they all had great experiences, as well as beautiful weddings! They have been fantastic to us so far too! We booked the ballroom and the front room (we are getting married inside) for $1300 as well as all of the guest rooms for our wedding night + guests. They do a really nice brunch there the day after the wedding so we are doing that too! They give you a great deal if you stay at the inn. Plus having the wedding & reception there = no limo costs! Saves a TON of money
    PS, great scenic views for picture taking including the lake across the street :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Justin's Grill!  It's not too far from Dewitt & is gorgeous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oo! Gilfillan's in Camillus! I dont know how I forgot about that place. I have "broke college student" budget so it was a bit outta my range but not pricey for an average budget and beauuuuutiful inside!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at Orchard Vali Golf Club in LaFayette. It's very reasonable in price!
    May 2012 Signature Challenge: Bridesmaid Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lindsey, can I ask...are you using the side room to seat people?? Ive nee to 2 wedding this yr there and if you have to seat people in that room...I really dont suggest it. I dont mean to be rude. I was in the BP of 1 wedding and my mom was in the side room . She was piiiiiiiiiissed!!! The SMIL (my FMIL) moved her to a table in the mai room. The other wedding, FI and I were put in the side room and we felt do horrible. You cant see or hear ANYTHING! We were at a free bar. Great...but we actually cared to hear the speeches and see the 1st dance without crowding with others in that room.

Just a thought. If you can seat everyone in the main room...reconsider. Your guests will feel neglected

• Options
    edited December 2011

I felt the same way about the side room. We are going to try to fit everyone in the main room. I think the coordinator said that you can fit around 150 people in the main room comfortably. We are inviting around 180 people so depending on how many people rsvp we might have to squeeqe one or two tables into the big room which shouldnt be a big deal. I just couldn't pass up having our reception there. It's beautiful and the prices are excellent! =)

May 2012 Signature Challenge: Bridesmaid Dress

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards