Military Brides

Invites Question

I was talking with SO last night and we have been trying to resolve the issue of his friends address and invites.

Backstory:
SO just finished Flight School and now has follow on training for several months (at a couple different locations) before the wedding until he reports to his home/semi-perm base well after the wedding.

He has about 6-10 friends (our guests for the wedding) that are in the same situation. I already sent out our STDs and all the guys got them but a few have sinced moved and will be moving again before the invites go out in April.

SO wants me to sent the invites out ASAP. But I thinks is way too early and they are going to get lost in their moves. In addition I am making them and they are only about 75% done. That being said, I don't have a better solution. LoL

Any of you ladies have this problem? and what was your solution?

FWIW SO will be in some (ETA: Classified- Top Secret sounds too nerdy) classified survival training during this time period and will be unavailble to get the new address let along contact me at all.

Re: Invites Question

• kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Even with him at SERE, unless all the other guys are going to be there too, I imagine you can get the addresses via FB or something. I agree that if you send them out now they will get lost, forgotten, et cetera. I honestly think that you've sent the STDs,  those specific guys getting their invites late is actually better. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_invites-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2cf31e98-56d6-41bf-9689-a87969389df2Post:74f99fe4-b7fd-4c11-b8a4-5a764db2790b">Re: Invites Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even with him at SERE, unless all the other guys are going to be there too, I imagine you can get the addresses via FB or something. I agree that if you send them out now they will get lost, forgotten, et cetera. I honestly think that you've sent the STDs,  <strong>those specific guys getting their invites late is actually better.</strong> 
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

hmm.. what do you mean?

I'm only friends with 1 via FB so what I think I am going to do is ask SO to get their emails to me so I can contacted them that way.
  • kyrgyzstankyrgyzstan member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_invites-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:2cf31e98-56d6-41bf-9689-a87969389df2Post:3fe34029-feb5-4c88-9f01-f84e4cdc4d72">Re: Invites Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Invites Question : hmm.. what do you mean? I'm only friends with 1 via FB so what I think I am going to do is ask SO to get their emails to me so I can contacted them that way.
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

<div>I mean since their lives are tumultuous right now, it might be better for them to get their invites later. If they get them earlier (especially if they're going to SERE), they might forget, it'll get pushed to the backs of their minds, etc. </div><div>
    </div><div>I think getting their emails is a good idea.</div>
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • edited December 2011
    We just had this problem.....FI is in a school and many of his friends as well (SERE being part of it) so we decided to send their invites to their parents houses or significant others. 
  • edited December 2011
    We had this problem with Hubby's friends (I asked him, aren't they in your address book? needless to say, Hubby laughed at me and said only girls have address books... I was shocked! Is this true?! I've had my own since I was like 12!! I just got a new one for our married life... Do people not have address books anymore?!. Sorry for the side rant) ANYWAY...I think in the case of friends, Hubby ended up calling and inviting people last minute because they were deployed. I think that friends are way more understanding about getting a late (possibly emailed) invite than say your Great Aunt Molly would be. For the people I knew we didn't physically mail an invitation to I made sure I had one ready with just thier name on it and handed to them at the wedding. Sorry I ramble so much... hopefully that was helpfulSmile
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    @ Sam - my address book is online now - so much easier than white out- especially with FI friends in the military and moving around

@Wish - that makes total sense - SO wants to put them out now so they can request leave but I told him that was the pt of the STDs at the yr mark - put some have switched bases, lost them etc. --- long story short he has keep on the ones in the wedding to make sure to request leave when they can -- I think the emails will be the best option.
  • edited December 2011
    Shan I'm dealing with the same thing right now. We have about 20 people who don't have an address that I can send something to and guarentee they'll get it. Becaue they've all gotten STDs they know they're invited but we've contacted them via other means lately to see what they would prefer. Some are having us send it to a wife who won't be going TDY with them, others are asking us to hang on to them. Realistically I figure there will be some people who don't get them at all and I'll just call them with the details. Sucks because I like my invitations, I made them and think they're pretty and want to send them out lol
  • edited December 2011
    Nikki I was thinking about meal options being the trickiest detail. We are doing a plated meal with several options. I like the best way to get the info is via email. I know realistically its going to be hard for most of them to make but of the ones that can, I think they at least deserve a meal they like LoL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards