August 2012 Weddings

Holy Back Fat!

So I had my second alterations appointment today and I think the seamstress took it in too much. When she pulled the dress tight I had a roll of back fat. Needless to say I was not happy considering when I went on Friday it looked really good in the back with the corset. I guess they are going to take it out a little and I'll see on Thursday how it looks. I will definitely speak up if it's not right.

The lady tried to tell me that because my hair was down, it wouldn't be as noticeable. I was like "um no I don't want a roll of back fat regardless if my hair is up or down". It was almost like they didn't want to fix it.

I now feel like a beached whale in my dress. I felt amazing on Friday and than today just showcased all my problem areas! Can't wait for Thursday just to see. Anybody else have this happen and get something good at the end? I don't want to stress but I am right under 4 weeks until the wedding!

Re: Holy Back Fat!

• Yup same thing happened to me!  But what my problem was is they told me the wrong bra size to get. (Which looking back I should have got the size I knew I am, but they are "professionals" so I listened to them).  So when I put it on, which took another person helping me to get it on, I had what I call a "back butt."  I was TICKED.  I made the alterations lady take the bra off to make sure that was the problem and not me!  Lo and behold it was the bra.  I bought some extenders to let it out and that helped tremendously!  The bra looks like crap in the back now, but I really don't care, i'd rather it fit right than have a back butt!!!!!!!  Hope your situation gets solved!

image213 Invited
    image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
    RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't have an issue but wanted to ditto prior post me seamstress said she tells girls to wear their bra on the loses hook. Hopefully they can let it out and it will fix it.
    85image 71image 14image
  • Can you get cups sewn in and ditch the bra?!
    196 Invited image
    104 Ready to Rock! image
    92 Party Poopers image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • if its a corset you should start tieing it from the top, that way you can have the top of the dress ;sit' around the bust instead of pull it in.  then continue to tighten on the way down to make the waste appear smaller.
    My seemstress didn't mess my dress up I just noticed when my sister was doing the back up for me, she made the top WAY to tight and it made skin pop up a bit.  the beauty of the corset is you can control its tightness going down!

• Dude, my dress wouldn't even zip all the way! I had them put in a corset back, now it looks great. So that's my happy ending.
    kfrazel may be onto something here... corsets are adjustable, so maybe they just pulled it too tight.
    Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It has cups in it and I am not wearing a bra :(

She pulled it really tight and when she did that it gave the V down the back and looked like a corset should. I'm just worried because of it having to lay right in the front, I have to sacrifice for the back. I am hoping it's fixed on Thursday. I am trying not to worry at all but it's so hard. I know toning my back won't help with the fat. I am going to have a little but for it to bubble up the back is ridiculous I think
  • Yea she has me coming in every couple days because the seamstress is going on vacation. So I called the bridal salon and she said that since their slow right now they can focus on my dress and that every appointment we can tweak what needs to be tweaked to make the dress fit until it is perfect. She said if need be I'll be in twice a week to make sure it's all done and that's what all the fittings are for. I feel a little better :)
  • Hopefully your seamstress can let it out a little. I had a similar experience and decided to make myself fit the dress with exercise. If you're really worried about it you can start doing some back, shoulder, and chest exercises. Those will make the area more muscular and will help to smooth it out. If you're diligent 4 weeks is plenty of time to smooth the area out a bit.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VNEluvsAJB,

What do you recommend doing? I was going to lift weight every day to see if that would help?
  • OP, mine had the same problem.  The clerk was trying to tell me I was seeing things, but when she finally called the alterations people down, the first thing he said was "too tight, too tight!"

My dress [Pronovias] is very fitted underneath, wtih tulle lace-appliqued skirts on top.  My figure is such that I was a 10 on top and 4 on the bottom per their sizing.  So they ordered a 10, then did major renovations on the bottom half.  The top was never really an issue, so I'm not sure what happened.

I pick mine up on the 7th, for my wedding on the 18th and I'm not worried.  Ha, ha.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mrs. Naut. here's a link (http://tracker.dailyburn.com/workouts/79562-Super-Toning-Chest-Back-Abs-) that has some most of the ones I do. I don't do pull ups though. I usually do them in drop sets (start with a heavier weight and work down to a lower weight). Hope that helps.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards