Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

What to do with my dress

Hi Ladies!
I was married Aug 7th and am trying to decide what to do with my dress. I don't want to trash it or sell it- I love it too much and want it for a keepsake. I am trying to decide between just having it cleaned and keeping it in my closet to take out and look at, maybe even try on, or getting it preserved but then not really being able to open the box.
Suggestions, or pros and cons to each? What are you doing?

Thanks!!

Re: What to do with my dress

• I am with you. I am not doing a TTD shoot and don't want to sell it.

I had mine preserved. Check into the different places in your area that specialize in wedding gown preservation. I am able to open the box mine was preserved in, and white gloves are provided. My Mom had her dress preserved years ago and it was able to be opened as well, in fact, with hers they actually recommended it every once and a while.
  • Thanks! Decided to go with preserving it- the man I talked to said I could open the box every once in awhile (like your Mom), so that worked for me!
  • I don't know if you're religious, but I'm Catholic and I'm going to turn my dress into a Christening gown for my baby (when I have one way in the future!).  I will probably properly store it until then, but I doubt my daughter would wear it--I may not even have a daughter.

Good luck!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards