Second Weddings
Options

An amusing little tale about a talk with my ex-husband yesterday evening.

As most of you know, I'm a professional bride (haha), and was just married for the third time on October 10.  My 2nd husband and my current husband get along quite well, and my 1st husband does well enough with both of the others.  (He's just not a super social guy on the whole.)

So, last night I spoke with my 2nd husband after the kids were finished talking to him.  I had to give him details on our trip down there next week and things of that nature.  Halloween came up and I asked him if he would be going to the usual Trick or Treat night activities with all of us (yes, ALL of us - it's nice for the kids to have a real "the whole family" event and Halloween is the one we all agreed on).  He very happily said that of course he would and even had a costume idea. 

"I can get a baseball jersey with a 2 on it, we can get (1st husband) one with a 1 on it, and (new husband) can wear one with 3 -  (and on the back it can say 'strikes you're out') on it.  You could be in your wedding gown from last week and carry a bat.  Imagine what a great picture that would make!"

My new husband found this hilariously wonderful and said he'd be up for it. 

It's a good thing we all have a great sense of humour and that they all take it so well.

It also says a lot about their sanity to want to wilingly give me a baseball bat with all of them in one place. ;)

(No, I'm not sure we'll really DO it, but I have to admit - there is definitely an appeal!)
10-10-10

Re: An amusing little tale about a talk with my ex-husband yesterday evening.

• Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the laugh!!  It's great for the kids that all the XH's and the new DH get along!  Lucky you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow melissa, that's great that they would be with you when you are carrying a bat.

My ex husb wouldn't take a lunch I made him, he thought I would poison him!!! Seriously.
  • Options
    LindaN21LindaN21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is too funny!!!  It is great for the kids that you can all do that!! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_amusing-little-tale-talk-ex-husband-yesterday-evening?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:12bb2358-da34-43c1-a04c-76c199ddf42dPost:67ea6828-1f8f-4d7d-ac00-f04b68c74fd0">Re: An amusing little tale about a talk with my ex-husband yesterday evening.</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My ex husb wouldn't take a lunch I made him, he thought I would poison him!!! Seriously.
    </strong>Posted by thealphabride[/QUOTE]

Thanks for <u>that</u> laugh!  That is an absolute riot, alphabride.  Love it!!!
  • Options
    AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too funny!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's too funny!  So nice to see that everyone can be adults and get along as well as HAVE FUN in the process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    130image Invited to dance the night away!
    92image Want to show their best moves!
    38image Have two left feet and won't be dancing!
    0image Are too embarrased to say they don't dance!

• Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I was telling the girls on the Oct. board, we all decided we had to make the best of an unconventional situation.  The kids come first for all of us, so the other factors (anger, hostility, lingering hurt feelings, jealousy) were all put aside and, when we're all in one place, we essentially "group parent," for lack of a better term. 

Being up here in Canada, our trips to the States are very busy and absolutely felled with activity.  For it to all be accomplished, we kind of divide and conquer.  My most recent ex will stay with the kids while my husband and I run errands and make it to appointments.  When I need to run one of the kids for a check-up, the guys will all stay with the other kids.  They are even easy going enough to stay in and have swim time or movie night with the kids while I grad dinner with friends from time to time. 

I don't know if that dynamic will change when/if either of my exes becomes involved with someone else, but for now it's working out well for everyone and I am very grateful for that.  I think it's helped the children immensely.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Melissa it's great that you all are adult about what is best for the kids!  It also shows a lot of maturity on all the guys parts to be able to hang out and do what's best for the children. In that regard you are very lucky!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That is great that everyone gets along!  The costume idea sounds hilarious.  Please share pics if y'all actually do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At my second wedding, my ex-husband was joking that he should have been the one to give me away.  ;-)
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a cousin who has been married 4 times(I think) and she is still friends with all of her exes.  My Aunt has a picture of her at her daughter's wedding shower with all of her husbands and her in the middle - its hilarious!

I think it is really nice you all can get along so well - unfortunately my ex and I cannot.  I was his 3rd wife and he constantly complained about the other 2 exes he had, so I am sure I am on his hit list too!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards