Catholic Weddings

Former Catholic Knot Nesties, or stickin' around here?

I just wondered...is there a board or boards on The Nest that is dedicated to Catholic wives, that some of you post to? I have really loved being a part of this board and I have gotten a lot of joy and wisdom and support here, and I don't want to give that up now that I'm married. So I didn't know if others, once they're married, post to a similar board at the Nest, or if we all just hang around here.

Hoping to keep up the camraderie...

Linda
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: Former Catholic Knot Nesties, or stickin' around here?

• edited December 2011
    As far as I know, there isn't a Catholic board on TN.  I imagine that's part of the reason so many of the married ladies stick around here (plus being awesome).
    Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    It is an incredibly awesome board, which is why I want to stay in touch. I've visited a couple of the others, and many of them are not nearly as kind and respectful as everyone here is, even when having to "tell it like it is" in response to a tough question. I truly don't know what I would've done without you guys during the whole annulment process! I think it's hard for non-Catholics to understand how much it really MEANS to be married IN the church...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, no board on The Nest that I know of. I'm glad to stick around here though. You ladies really inspire me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know of a board on TN. That is why I still stick around here. There are so many knowledgeable smart ladies around here and I have learned so much, especially being relatively new to the faith.
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto others. No board that I know of, so I stick around here. I love the ladies here, they are so warm and honest. I love that so many people know so much, and are really passionate,  about our faith. It is inspiring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess even though I'm married I'll continue to stick around here. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    i wandered to the Nest a few times, but i dont care for it.  ill be married 3 years in Feb, i should leave but i cant.  LOL
  • Calypso1977Calypso1977 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    to clarify - i should leave the Knot, not my marriage.  hahah
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    There aren't any "cultural" boards on the Nest. I do enjoy the Fashion & Beauty, Decorating & Renovating and Entertainment boards. They're usually helpful and non-drama. Also, the Getting Pregnant board was great for lurking when I was starting out on charting. Lots of ladies charting there.

I was hanging out on my "month" board up until a few months ago when the environment became too hostile for my liking. Which is a shame bc there are many really great ladies there... but a few others spoil it.
  • newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I admit I've become pretty lazy about knot-ing post wedding in general due to wedding burnout... I like you ladies, so I'm  trying make an effort  to stick around if there's anything relevant input I can offer to things!  Same with my local board... my head is still swimming with useless wedding information and vendors that I no longer have use for :)
  • edited December 2011
    I post on Livingthesacrament often--its based around NFP (all methods), but they talk about other stuff, too :)
    Click Here for Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Married June 12, 2010!
  • doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_former-catholic-knot-nesties-stickin-around-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:2fb7e91e-e995-4fda-8bd4-e55de963f7d7Post:b5229e69-21df-4e52-82d0-0f4753b154c2">Re: Former Catholic Knot Nesties, or stickin' around here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I admit I've become pretty lazy about knot-ing post wedding in general due to wedding burnout... I like you ladies, so I'm  trying make an effort  to stick around if there's anything relevant input I can offer to things!  Same with my local board... my head is still swimming with useless wedding information and vendors that I no longer have use for :)
    Posted by newlyseliski[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel....  And since I can't knot during the day anymore, I miss a lot the conversation and just get stuck reading at night.  I hardly ever post on E, because I can't keep up nowadays.  I miss them and talking to you all regularly!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards