Hawaii

Paradise Cove Beach... help!

Hi fellow knotties!  Has anyone had their ceremony on Paradise Cove Beach?  I know it is a public beach and you need a permit, insurance, etc.  but I have heard that Ihilani harrasses people for getting married on their beach.

We are planning to have the ceremony at Paradise Cove beach and head to the luau afterwards.  Does anyone know if this beach is right next to the luau?  I appreciate any help, advice, and recommendations!  Mahalo ;)

Re: Paradise Cove Beach... help!

• shibbs86shibbs86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the beach is right next to the luau and you do need a permit to get married if your feet are int he sand. an d if you are talking about the cove I think you are... you need to rent it through Paradise Cove which will cost you a pretty penny. On the plus side, they will provide chairs, etc. and will handle the permit themselves. They also have packages that include luau for bride and groom after the ceremony. The beach right next to Paradise Cove is walking distance to the luau, you can actually see the stage from the beach. But this beach is not public property.

Also, permit rules in Hawaii depend largely on the location and number of guests. If you are going to get married with yoru feet on grass, you're good to go in pretty much any situation. If you want to get married with yoru feet int he sand... its a little mroe complicated. Under 20 people attending (including officiant and photographer) again, pretty simple, more than that... complicated. The rules also change if it is public vs. private land and, unfortuanately, there isnt much public land.

And as a side note, if you are looking for a great luau, try Polynesian Cultural Center's show HA: Breath of Life. It's amazing and they have about 10 fire knife dancers. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm.. thanks!  I went on the website for permit information and it has Paradise Cove beach as a "public" beach.  I know you can't put chairs and tables, etc.  So I'm not quite sure! ;(  I know you can go through Paradise Cove either on the beach or on their grassy area. 

Thanks... definitely will look into it a little more! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards