Kentucky

Lexington Reception Venues

Are there any reception venues that will allow outside catering but are also really great venues?  I want somewhere very pretty, with a Lexington style, but that will also allow outside catering.  Any suggestions?

Re: Lexington Reception Venues

• edited December 2011
    TALON WINERY, OLEIKA IN SOUTHLAND , thoroughbred center.
    THE MOST EXPENSIVE IN TALON. THE CHEAPEST II THINK IS OLEIKA.. THE THOROUGBRED DNT HAVE A/C   .. IM LOOKING FOR SOME PLACE THAT ALLOWED OUTSIDE CATERING, IF YOU FIND SOMETHING LET ME KNOW PLEASEE.. :)
  • edited December 2011
    WHEN IS YOU WEDDING?  
  • edited December 2011
    Bell House, Tates Creek Ballroom, and LexsArts Center all allow outside catering. 
  • edited December 2011

Does anyone have any information about the Barrel House in Lexington? I am looking a a unique, yet somewhat formal, setting for a guest list of 100 or less.

Any info would be welcomed.

ThanksLaughing

• edited December 2011
    Yes I actually toured there last weekend.  When I first pulled up outside my first thought was "eewww no."  But once I got in I really liked it.  Would it be just for the reception?  I was looking at it for both wedding & reception but it wasn't quite big enough. 
  • edited December 2011

I am looking for a wedding and reception location. I feel like I can't start planning until I pick my location and I am having trouble finding something that fits my vision.

Does anyone have any ideas for a unique and budget friendly location in Lexington or the close surrounding areas?

Needs to hold around 75 to 100 people
    Must serve as the wedding and reception location
    Would like something with an outdoor area

• edited December 2011
    pattycake1971 ...Thanks for the info!!
  • edited December 2011
    Looking for the same thing MrsMcAngues, though not for the outside.  I'm looking into the Thoroughbred Center and The Bell House.  Bell House is way cheaper than anything I've found.  Going to tour it soon!   GL! 
  • edited December 2011
    I have been thinking about the Bell House too! I have heard great things from some friends of mine. When you go let me know what you think. I plan to visit soon.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking for something that holds 150 and possibly up to 200... Bell House wouldn't help me, I've heard Rupp Arena has ballrooms you can rent? Does anyone know what that's like?
  • edited December 2011
    The Thoroughbred Center has a lot of Kentucky style (it's a horse park) and I believe that they do allow outside catering if you pay a small deposit. Their Holding Area room holds a large number of people (like around 500).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited December 2011

For 75-100 guests, Andover Golf and Country Club would be perfect and if you get married there it's included in the reception which is only $1000!!  You do have to go through their catering, but it's really, really yummy!  We are having our reception there!  Great view, gorgeous place!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Do yo have to be a member of Andover?
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not positive if you need to be a member but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that you don't need to be...

• edited December 2011
    You don't need to be a member at Andover to rent the clubhouse.  We are members and are having our reception there this weekend.  It's wonderful and the food is awesome!!
  • Spring Valley Golf club. You can have an outdoor wedding and reception inside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards