New Jersey
Options

Emergency day of wedding

Any ideas for what to carry or bring with you on the wedding day as an emergency kit?  
Any things you might not normally think of?

Re: Emergency day of wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nail file, clear nail polish to stop stocking runs, bandaid, safety pins, tide to go pen, bottle of water, advil, bobby pins, tampon, list of numbers for all vendors
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011

They sell wedding emergency kits just look it up to get an idea of what's in them. Usually it's safety pins, double sided tape, sawing kit etc

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 image
    My Ovulation Chart
    || Ovulation Tracker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I packed an emergency kit with some things - chalk, safety pins, double-sided tape, sewing kit - but the bag got misplaced when we left my parents' house. Luckily I didn't really need anything besides some strong safety pins for the bustle, and the maitre d' at our hall got me some.

My bridesmaid wanted to use the double-sided tape because her bra kept sticking out, but unfortunately the kind I bought from Shop Rite wasn't very strong so it wasn't very useful to her and kept falling off. So if you're going to get double-sided tape, get a good brand.
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bandaids and double sided tape and safety pins were all used from my kit. Also some bobby pins too I think. I was the graceful bride who caught her foot in her dress and scraped up her knees! Thankfully it wasn't my dress....anyway bandaids came in handy so my little scrapes didn't bleed on the dress :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeh Macys sells an excellent double sided bra tape - so does VS I think :) Just for reference.  :D 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Definetly chalk or something like that.  I was a BM and the photogrpahyer had the bride sit on a wall, and she sat on a berry!  We were able to bustle it so it couldn't be seen, but the chalk would have been helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Adding to my list of things to do :-/ haha

And do people really wear pantyhose anymore? I always laugh when people say to bring clear nail polish... I know that myself, my BM and mothers aren't wearing any hose, so really don't see a need (yes, I'm saying screw you to any other guests I suppse). Only time I wear it is when I HAVE to at work, otherwise keep it away!
    *~allie~*

• Options
    smw42smw42 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_emergency-day-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1dcb51a0-8a1d-4103-b586-12b15d8db61cPost:eeb4d147-9594-47c3-96c3-daee7981ee35">Re: Emergency day of wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Adding to my list of things to do :-/ haha And do people really wear pantyhose anymore? I always laugh when people say to bring clear nail polish... I know that myself, my BM and mothers aren't wearing any hose, so really don't see a need (yes, I'm saying screw you to any other guests I suppse). Only time I wear it is when I HAVE to at work, otherwise keep it away!
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]

I went through two pairs of pantyhose yesterday from our front door to getting inside the car on my way to work. Screw em'!
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol Sherri- I used to always put holes in mine when I had to wear them to work, and really just found that clear nail polish looked terrible and just made the pantyhose stick to my skin. I just don't care now that I'm working in this office (it's a lot more relaxed than in the main "corporate" office with the VP etc watching every move) and don't wear hose.
    *~allie~*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I typically don't but I'm guessing some older people might... 
  • Options
    uppereastgirluppereastgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_emergency-day-of-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:1dcb51a0-8a1d-4103-b586-12b15d8db61cPost:eeb4d147-9594-47c3-96c3-daee7981ee35">Re: Emergency day of wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE] (yes, I'm saying screw you to any other guests I suppse). 
    Posted by akmackay[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I think that's fair.  I mean, it is your wedding day.  I think the last thing you have to worry about is being the main emergency contact if your aunt gets a run in her pantyhose.  And besides, it isn't like run in the pantyhose is that embarrassing -- just take them off.  </div><div>
    </div><div>My MOH put together an emergency kit (and I did the same when I was in her wedding).  Nothing was used from either.  You may want to talk to your venue coordinator -- they probably have a lot of that stuff handy.  

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't even wear pantyhose, usually. (There have been some exceptions)

I grew up dancing and am still a ballroom dancer - so I guess it's sorta just in my nature to always have clear nail polish in case tights (in the case of dancing) run.

But if you're not wearing them - then yeh, who cares if the guests rip theirs! haha
    image Tuffy
    RIP Little Man October 15, 1995 - June 1, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you wear contacts, pack an extra one or at least some contact solution!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards