Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Shower in December- Too early to send a gift?

I will be attending a shower in December.  The bride is traveling to be at the shower, so her MOH has requested that everyone ship their gifts to her home instead of bringing them.  

Is it too early to ship a gift to her?

Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower in December- Too early to send a gift?

• Options
    No, she lives halfway across the country.  The shower is in her hometown.  
    Visit The Nest! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is bizarre, but to answer your question, no it's not too early to send a gift if you already got the invite.
  • Options
    I agree. I would not want to go to a shower and then not have the bride open any presents--that's the whole point of a shower. I know you have nothing to do with that decision, but it's odd.Sending a gift now would be OK.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    by "her home" do you mean the MOH's or the bride's?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Wait, so they're asking that you send gifts so that she doesn't have to open them at the shower?  That's just...weird.  The point of having a shower is to shower the bride with gifts, so if you're not doing that at the shower then what ARE you doing at the shower?  This all sounds kind of...rude I guess.  Not you I mean--but the MOH etc.  Send the gift now I guess, to answer your question.
  • Options
    I went to a shower a few weeks ago where there was no gift opening and everyone brought gifts, the shower hosts thought it would be rude to open gifts since some people had the items shipped to the home and didnt want to hurt anyones feeling that didnt have their gift there? lol weirdest explanation ever and weirdest shower ever. But to answer your question, I really dont think it is too early, I have heard things where some stores take a few weeks from buying off registry to arriving on your doorstep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    No I dont think its too early
  • Options
    AS long as you got the invitation you can send it, because it's not a surprise shower either so it won't be ruining anything.  And I know everyone thinks this is weird that the gifts are being shipped but really what is the alternative???  The  bride obviously can't ship or pack all her presents in a suitcase and bring them back to her house.  So unless everyone wants to get her gift cards or wants to fly to the state she lives in for a shower shipping is the best option.  And yes while a shower is to shower the bride with presents, it is also a nice opportunity for friends and family to get together and spend time together especially with the bride.  It's not all about the presents.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_shower-in-december-too-early-to-send-a-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:46d51c63-bf41-4bb3-8192-af33166494b1Post:7bacff80-d057-4614-9452-958737d8a839">Re: Shower in December- Too early to send a gift?</a>:
    [QUOTE]AS long as you got the invitation you can send it, because it's not a surprise shower either so it won't be ruining anything.  And I know everyone thinks this is weird that the gifts are being shipped but really what is the alternative???  The  bride obviously can't ship or pack all her presents in a suitcase and bring them back to her house.  So unless everyone wants to get her gift cards or wants to fly to the state she lives in for a shower shipping is the best option.  And yes while a shower is to shower the bride with presents, it is also a nice opportunity for friends and family to get together and spend time together especially with the bride.  <u>It's not all about the presents.</u>
    Posted by LuckyGirl1713[/QUOTE]

<div>Actually, I'm pretty sure that the point of a shower is to open presents, so yeah, I kind of think the shower IS about the presents (family and friends of course, but let's be real).  There are plenty of other types of events that could be held-engagement party, luncheon, party that isn't focused on giving gifts, that may be more appropriate in this case.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards