Catholic Weddings

Finally Friday!

Does anyone else feel like this was just the longest week ever?!  It's my first 5 day work week in several weeks, though, so maybe that's why it felt so long.   I totally forgot we have Monday off until just now, though, so I'm getting excited for a 3 day weekend. 

I was trying to plan a beach vacation with my sister and parents, but it looks like it's not going to work out now,so I'm trying to think of back-up plans just in case.  I'm so boring, though, because I can only think of ideas of things I've done before.  Don't want to spend a lot of money, so that definitely limits things!  Any ideas?

Re: Finally Friday!

• Totally agree, this has felt like the longest week ever!  Last week I had to work 5 days, but at least we got out a little early on Friday.  I don't anticipate that happening today though :(

Too bad that the beach vacay didn't work out, that would have been awesome.  I'm not at all familiar with the DC area, but if I was trying to come up with something for H and I  to do around here, we'd probably just go have dinner at a place we haven't been to  yet (or just drinks and apps if it's a more expensive place), and maybe go to a bar and throw darts.  H is on a darts team and really enjoys it, I like playing too, but we don't often play for fun together. 

I have been wanting to get out to this ski place that's about 1 1/2 hours away from us, I don't think it costs too much for a day pass and rentals.  Unfortunately I think it will be far too cold this weekend, I hope we're able to make it work some other weekend.
  • Yeah, I was thinking a "staycation" could be fun.  We could visit the monuments, go see a show in DC, eat at a fancy restaurant, etc.  There's a lot of places around here that I've never seen, or that I haven't seen since I was very young.  Maybe that's what we'll have to do!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_finally-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c7805846-420a-4293-ae10-4b66d8344d46Post:f682cab7-5a7b-4ef4-a814-2f51d6d883db">Re: Finally Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I was thinking a "staycation" could be fun.  We could visit the monuments, go see a show in DC, eat at a fancy restaurant, etc.  There's a lot of places around here that I've never seen, or that I haven't seen since I was very young.  Maybe that's what we'll have to do!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

That's totally what I was going to suggest! :)

We have zero plans for this weekend. C has a bit of a cold and poor H is exhausted from lots of driving the last couple of weeks, so a quiet weekend sounds great to me! I'm excited that H has Monday off, so we can maximize our R&R.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am sooooo happy it's the weekend.  I've just been so worn out by the kiddos.

We have no plans this weekend, except DH gets to come!  So we're going to do tons of housework, I hope.  Plus we have another doctor's appointment on Monday.  Eeee!
    Anniversary

• Kristan - how exciting!  I didn't realize your wedding was coming up so soon!

Prof - yay for seeing your H, and for the doctor's appointment!  Are you far enough along to find out the sex of the baby, or do you plan to even find out at all?

• Happy weekend everyone.  I just wanted to share this, which one of my friends posted on fb:

• Femme, that is so sweet and heartbreaking.

Erin, I'm not far along enough yet.  We'll do the heartbeat and probably take some measurements, but we won't find out the sex until next month.  I'm hoping we can find out before President's Day, because I would like to get our family together to tell them all at once.
    Anniversary

• Kristan, that's awesome! I wish I was at that stage! Instead, FI and I are going to do some preliminary contacting of reception venues and photographers. On my local board, I was looking for some advice on doing this and pricing out reception venues and what are typical costs in Minnesota. All I got was the results of a Google search of where to hold to receptions. As if I hadn't already done that search and didn't already know about the most popular event centers in the area I live in! It's fine. It'll work out. I just wish I had even the slightest idea of what to expect the reception to cost.

So happy it is the weekend, though! I am seriously in need of a break from my J-term class! I don't get Monday off, but I'm still excited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chloe, I can kind of understand where your local board is coming from, but only if they do vendor stickies like the DFW board does.  One of the girls made a really nice website with lists of different wedding-related vendors and general prices, so every time someone comes along and is like, "HEY GUYS I NEED A BARN VENUE BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE A BARN, OKAY?" I just want to shoot myself.

If they don't have that on the MN board then I'm sorry they were jerks.  :p
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_finally-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c7805846-420a-4293-ae10-4b66d8344d46Post:52a95e84-1c11-4f61-854d-2b4d7cce0481">Re: Finally Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chloe, I can kind of understand where your local board is coming from, but only if they do vendor stickies like the DFW board does.  One of the girls made a really nice website with lists of different wedding-related vendors and general prices, so every time someone comes along and is like, "HEY GUYS I NEED A BARN VENUE BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO LOOK LIKE A BARN, OKAY?" I just want to shoot myself. If they don't have that on the MN board then I'm sorry they were jerks.  :p
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]
    Oh, yeah, I would totally get that if we did, but we don't have any vendor-related stickies. The board is pretty slow so when I saw I had 4 replies I was really excited, but none of them were helpful. Not a big deal at all, just kinda annoying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chloeagh - good luck with the venue search.  Do you have an approximate guest list and budget in mind?  My sister lives in the Twin Cities and she used to work in the wedding industry, I could always ask her if she had any ideas for places to check. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_finally-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c7805846-420a-4293-ae10-4b66d8344d46Post:6adece0e-f214-4693-a5b4-c299a0a92119">Re: Finally Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Finally Friday! : Oh, yeah, I would totally get that if we did, but we don't have any vendor-related stickies. The board is pretty slow so when I saw I had 4 replies I was really excited, but none of them were helpful. Not a big deal at all, just kinda annoying.
    Posted by Chloeagh[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Okay, yeah.  That is obnoxious.</div>
    Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_finally-friday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:c7805846-420a-4293-ae10-4b66d8344d46Post:78cbbdaf-fbd7-46a6-8371-486119c98078">Re: Finally Friday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chloeagh - good luck with the venue search.  Do you have an approximate guest list and budget in mind?  My sister lives in the Twin Cities and she used to work in the wedding industry, I could always ask her if she had any ideas for places to check. 
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]
    Right now we're looking at 120-150 people and FI wants to keep it under $5k. I honestly don't know if it's possible. We're going to try to find info this weekend, then have a talk about what is realistic. And thanks for the offer, but the wedding will be outside of the cities.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards