Canada-Alberta

Edmonton vendors

Hi Ladies!  My fiance and I are getting married September 2011; I've never been in a wedding before and most of the ones I have attended have been out of town.  I'm looking for recommendations for vendors of any kind in Edmonton, particularly reception sites, florists, bakers (cake) and decoration rentals.  We have a budget of approximately $16 000.  Any advice you can offer is appreciated! 

Re: Edmonton vendors

• dmccloskey7dmccloskey7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Naks Catering - 780-719-8187
    Special Event Rentals were amazing for decorations.
    Revolution Entertainment for DJ/Limo's
  • pierrette123pierrette123 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Palace!!!  Rodger is amazing and totally reasonable.  He also takes great care to include stuff a lot of vendors charge extra for.  The outside is sort of ugly but the inside is nice and the staff bend over backward.  I can't tell you how often I'll just show up there, they recognize me, offer me drink and Rog makes himself available even though he is very busy.  Also he asks a lot of questions that you have forgotten about and he KNOWS everyone in the industry.  With $16 k your money will go a long way.
  • CanadianGurlCanadianGurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kate Ashton Florists in the Sunlife Building: (780) 428-7773

Fantasyland Hotel in WEM has a nice main ballroom for reception.

Hotel Macondald has great 2 great ceremony venues on the main floor (upper floor ones aren't as nice). For less than $1K you can have a ceremony there, but receptions can get pricey.

The Strathcona String Quartet is great for a ceremony and is surprisingly affordable, and also has smaller ensembles, if you want to stay more economical.  www.strathconastringquartet.com

Deb at Deliciously-Different Cakes (in St. Albert) but will deliver to Edmonton does a great job and delivers and sets up. www.ddcakes.net
  • angeleyes21aaangeleyes21aa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using four points by Sheraton Hotel, Opals flowers, Got my dress from ABC, and Whimsical Cupcakes is doing our cup cake/ Cake tower
  • redraspberryredraspberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how many guests are you inviting?

You can't beat Hotel MacDonald for food.
    Love the Oasis... great getting ready spot and great atmosphere.
    Top of the Inn at Delta Inn on Calgary trail is neat (the stars in the ceiling and windows)
    Holiday Inn Express downtown has the same window thing going and the best dessert ever!  Tastes like hedgehogs from Purdy's :)
    Can't wait for our wedding in Banff! I am truly marrying my best friend :).
  • edited December 2011
    For bar service, you can check out www.nocorkage.ca

Jenna-
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Edmonton in May. You should check out the Oasis as a venue, it's breath taking inside and out. They'll quote you at $9000, but once you actually get to talking with them the price can go up or down. I'm getting married in the garden, cocktails in the jewel cafe, and recption in the ball room for $5,800.

I'm going with Elizabethan catering, $36-ish a plate which includes tabel cloths, napkins and a bunch of other extra's like menus.

Karens cake in a cup for the mini cupcakes. Only 75 cents each, about half the price of everywhere in the city if you're looking for cup cakes.

Go to Bridal Debute in Sherwood Park for your dress. I went to at least 6 other stores in Edmonton before I found this beautiful place.

We're using Black Bird Photography, she has a lot of afforable packages that include things like engagment session and custom guest book. Plus, she does really nice photos. :)
  • edited December 2011
    WOW! I can't believe you got the Oasis to go that low.

Did you book on a Friday or Sunday?? They quoted us $9,500 for Fridays & Sundays......and $11,500 for Saturdays =(

That's not the worst part, they're fully booked for 2012(minus 1 or 2 Saturdays in January, some fridays in August etc) and won't even let me have a morning ceremony in their garden for $2,500 anymore cuz they're "that booked."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards