Getting in Shape

Lots of weight to lose!

Hi yall! I'm getting married next March and have been exercising and eating healthy since the beginning of the year. I started out at 285lbs on Dec 31st and now I'm currently 255lbs. My goal is 160lbs. I have a treadmill, elliptical, recumbent bike and dumbbells ranging from 2lbs-20lbs. I'm 25 and have battled weight since as long as I can remember, especially after having my two boys.

Any suggestions on how to really knock these pounds out? I want to start dress shopping in the next six months or less.

Thank yall! :-)

Re: Lots of weight to lose!

• Ummm seems like you're KILLING it already! Congrats on the weight loss thus far! 
    Except that you will have some off weeks where you don't lose anything. Expect that there may be a week where you claim to "gain" a pound or two (usually it's just bloat and water retention). 
    Stick around, joing the accountability thread, and welcome! 
  • You go Girl! Keep up the Hard Work!
    For rapid but healthy weight loss i would recommed the Green Coffee diet pill, it was featrured on Dr. Oz and is the #1 diet pill on the Consumer Health Review and is ALL Natural!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_lots-of-weight-to-lose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:239d4c81-15a5-492e-a2ea-40ca32a62bf6Post:f6ce0b96-ec99-474d-bb72-1a3f1dacbb8f">Re: Lots of weight to lose!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You go Girl! Keep up the Hard Work! For rapid but healthy weight loss i would recommed the Green Coffee diet pill, it was featrured on Dr. Oz and is the #1 diet pill on the Consumer Health Review and is ALL Natural!
    Posted by SarahJamison10[/QUOTE]

We don't recommend diet pills on this board - we're for long term healthy eating and exercise; positive life changes. Diet pills advocate quick fixes.. and that's not what this should all be about.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again: Dr. Oz is to medicine what Dr. Phil is to psychology. Unfortunately, he hops on any pill/miracle weight loss trend that is up and coming.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OH - and OP - you are doing a kick*ss job so far! Keep going! I second the MFP recommendation, you can add me too if you'd like to join and want a second friend! My username is smiller52 on MFP.

Join in on the Accountability threads!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yup, welcome aboard, and congrats on your hard work so far! You're doing fabulously!

As PPs have said, we're about a lifestyle change, not a quick fix. We're all here to encourage and support, to cheer each other on and to lift each other up when we fall. We talk about what's working for us, what's not, what's coming up etc.

Join in - the more the merrier!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think everyone else has pretty much covered it.

Welcome and congrats on your weight loss thus far! Don't get discouraged and keep at it - I agree with everyone else that you should join Myfitnesspal and our daily accountability threads.
  • Welcome and congrats on your progress thus far!  Everyone has pretty much said it all.

Sarah- I added you on MFP, hope that's okay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank yall so much! I had MFP for the longest but got rid of it and use the app from fatscret, it's virtually the same thing. I do count calories, log everything I put into my body and do up to four miles a day on my treadmill. I also love my biggest loser and jillian Michaels dvds so I tend to do one of those daily as well.
  • Wow, congrats on that weight loss already!!!!! I did a nutritional cleanse before my wedding and LOVED it! My friend is doing one now (has been for 4 months) and down 45 lbs!!!! I was always skeptical before I tried, but now can't imagine life without nutritional cleansing, haha! You may want to try something like this paired with working out and clean eating. We are so toxic and have lots of toxic fluff our bodies want to rid themselves of :)
  • You're doing an amazing job already! Keep doing what you're doing. When you hit a plateau, spring for a trainer if you can, even if you just buy a 5 meeting package and memorize the workout. Working with a trainer has worked wonders for me. It's great having a personalized plan for the gym, and I really do feel better and see results. 

Give up alcohol if you drink. Alcohol not only contains empty calories, but decreased inhibitions = more potential of eating the extra slice of pizza or ordering a dessert. 

Every day you go to the gym, try to push yourself to do one thing you haven't done before that is manageable, whether it is staying in a plank 5 seconds longer than you ever had, running an extra .1 miles on the treadmill, or lifting a heavier weight. The exception is if you are feeling tired or not in the mood; then just go and go through your routine at a lower intensity (lower weight, walking instead of running). This keeps you in the habit, and sometimes when you get into it, you find you weren't as tired as you thought you were.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards