California-Northern
Options

Greater Sacramento Venue help!! bang for little buck

My FI and I have been searching the greater Sacramento area for venues. We love the Old Sugar Mill in Clarksburg. It has an industrial / run down feel for dramatic photographs, a sleek interior for the reception, brick walls and concrete floors. And it has an outdoor space.. which is too big. We love the space but it does NOT fit our budget at all, online quotes different prices than we got after we made an appointment.
We have also seen a few places arround town that are similar including Beatnik Studios which was even more money and less the bang.
Does anyone have any ideas? We are looking for a venue that is under 2,000. We would apperciate it.    

Re: Greater Sacramento Venue help!! bang for little buck

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't find ANY venues actually in Sac that I liked... So I went to the suburbs. I booked my wedding at The Victorian in Roseville... Their prices have gone up, but for the price you get EVERYTHING- flowers, photographer, food, drinks, rental. You really can not go wrong!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker http://hannahandalec.weebly.com/ My Planning Bio-Updated 9/18
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Firehouse Restaurant, or Courtyard D'Oro....the food at firehouse is what is going to drive the expenses up, but still a beautiful place.  Comparable feel to the Old Sugar Mill.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    olywillisolywillis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Courtyard D'oro, but I think it is going to be over your $2000 budget with the food and all.
  • Options
    jensimpson86jensimpson86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I book my venue at Rancho Solano in Fairfield. It is a golf course not Old Sugar Mill feel but the view is gorgeous. It is kind of far from Sacramento but the price is good. It's about 1600 to rent the whole place but food and drinks drives the price up up but worth it. 
    image 204 Invited
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 56 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Biggs which is about an hour North of Sac.  For $1600 you can rent it for all day.  It is a Victorian Home with outdoor garden.

It is called The Victorian Rose of Biggs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the Micke Grove Japanese Garden is reasonably priced and the Memorial Auditorium at the Micke Grove.

mgzoo.com

You can also check out the Library Galleria in Sac - It was also pretty reasonable. 
  • Options
    LivInSBLivInSB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been to two weddings at the Flower Farm Inn in Loomis. The brides for both weddings said it was affordable and flexible, as far as catering and beverages go. You might want to check it out! Plus it's BEAUTIFUL any time of year, especially in the spring when flowers are in bloom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you everyone for all the ideas.. if anyone has anymore I am definately still interested. We have found many of the typically venues and I am glad to see some of you have found the "off the beatten path" ones.

Many thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at la Provence restaurant and terrace in Roseville. Great bang for your buck!
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sacramento garden pavilion. And Hannibles (sp.) is their "in house" caterer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Captain, my Captain....
    I know exactly what you are talking about with the Old Sugar Mill. That was the very first place I saw when I started looking and I fell in love with it but it is pretty expensive. Thats why I couldn't pick it. My budget is much like yours.
    For the past year I have looked ALL OVER the Sacramento area and at almost all of the places the ladies above have mentioned. And I'll tell you that most of those places are more expensive than the OSM(especially the Courtyard D'oro and the Firehouse)

The place I finally decided on is the Oak Leigh Wedding Center in Fair Oaks. It's a small renovated house with a beautiful outdoor space. The coordinator there(Melanie) is fabulous! And the space is VERY inexpensive. Do yourself a favor and check it out!

Best of luck, lady! 
    Cupcake Original since 2007 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We were lucky enough to get married at OSM, but a close second for us was Mulvaney's downtown.  They have the same rustic, brick look of the Sugar Mill and their site fee is only $100.  I'd suggest checking them out if you're still looking!  Good luck!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards