Not Engaged Yet

What does your boudoir say about you?

So I was kinda interested in what people's bedrooms look like. 
I think we talked about this kinda recently- but I don't think there were enough pictures.

Do you have a "theme" for your bedroom? Are the walls painted? If not- what colors and theme would you like?

What's the focal point in your bedroom?

Is there a tv? Does this distract from sexy time?

Is there clutter? Does this distract from sexy time?

What does your comforter look like?

What would you like to change about your bedroom?

Do you have a dream bedroom? Post lots of pictures!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: What does your boudoir say about you?

• edited December 2011

Do you have a "theme" for your bedroom? Are the walls painted? If not- what colors and theme would you like?
    Nope, but I would it to be calm and refreshing.
    The walls are an off white/almost pale yellow color.

Our bed. We have a really nice bed/bedroom set.
    It looks kind of like this:

Except our frame is higher and thicker.

Nope, we didn't want one in the bedroom.

Not right now..and nope.

It's brown and gold with an Indian feel to it

I wish it was more decorated..we have such nice furniture but it is really plain otherwise.

Not really, I wish it was bigger with an attached master bathroom. One day Tongue out
    5/27/12
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Andrew and I picked out this comforter set together. We even bought the decorative pillows- much to Andrew's dismay ("What's the point of those pillows? They just end up on the floor...blah, blah). Our bed is definitely the focal point of our room. I'd be surprised if it isn't the focal point of everyone's room.

I eventually want to get some drapes. I think they add a lot of warmth to a room.

I like the look of this bedroom set: 

I'm a big fan of candles and fresh cut flowers. 

The bedroom is tv and cultter free...which I think helps with sexy time. :)

If I had to make a theme....I guess it would be "traditionally romantic?" Is that a theme?

• edited December 2011
    I'll try to remember to take pics tonight, but for now this will have to do:

I have this comforter (with white sheets):

I have this bedroom set:

I have this color paint on my wall:

I have a mirror like this over my bed (hung lengthwise):

I have a framed oil painting similar to this over my dresser:

No TV usually (but I do have one in there right now temporarily) and no clutter (usually). I do have my dream BR...but I would maybe change my wall color to something a tad brighter.
  • lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Allusive- Your bedroom looks soooo purty!!
  • edited December 2011
    Do you have a "theme" for your bedroom? Are the walls painted? If not- what colors and theme would you like?no real them the walls are paiinted a pale pink, pictures of ballet and Paris

What's the focal point in your bedroom? the bed

there is a TV, very rarely do we stay at my place, but it's never distracted from sexy time
    no clutter im too neat for that
    it's light green and striped
    i so need a new comforter! It's full of snags from my cats when they sleep on it or go on the bed
    Do you have a dream bedroom? Post lots of pictures!i

Wanelo - bookmark your favorite products

Anniversary

• ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Do you have a "theme" for your bedroom? Are the walls painted? If not- what colors and theme would you like?Sort of.  My “theme” would be colorful, horses, and comfort.  Each wall is a different color.  I have one lime green wall, an orange wall, a blue wall and a purple wall

Kind of like this.  But way brighter

Either my giant mirror or my giant bookshelf

I don’t have a tv.  There is only one in the house

There is lots of clutter.  I am a hoarder.  I am also a slob.  I don’t think so.  I don’t let something so trivial distract me

Kind of like this.  Except it is blue, orange, purple and red.  It is all very deep colors

Well I would like it to be bigger.  I miss my walk in closer :(

Not really.  Is that bad?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh...our bedroom. I really want a new bedroom set, some thing like this:

I like the "Arts & Crafts"/ "Craftsman" style with a modern twist. So like every thing at Pottery Barn I guess. 

Any way, BF is OPPOSED to sets of any kind (yes the caps are necessary), and mocks me for wanting to have things that 'are all matchy'. I prefer to think of it as 'coordinated'.  Right now we have 30+ year old hand me downs from our families. We are renting, and I hope to get new stuff when we buy a house. Whenever that is...

Our room is painted a really nice mossy sage color with antique cream trim. We have a white duvet, with brown trim, and green drapes (also hand me downs.) We have a TV (does not effect sexy time) and I try to keep it clutter free, but typically fail...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Here's are pics complete with 2 of 3 furbabies -- please disregard the unmade bed. It was made but when Lucy (pupper) goes crazy she runs from the kitchen to the bedroom & flies onto the bed repeatedly :)

Also it looks like I have no other furniture in my bedroom but from where I'm standing are two french doors, we have a dresser to the right & an armoir to the left. Both of those & the bed are from Ikea. The TV doesn't distract from sexy time & as you can see there's not really any clutter :)  Our duvet cover is white with dark greyish-blue swirly kind of flowers on it, but that's put away & we've been sleeping with the fan & the windows open all summer!

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Liv I love your duvet cover!!! Where is it from?

• lennonkdclennonkdc member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_boudoir-say?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:0247e63a-69d9-4f28-8458-1a9e3a9205a1Post:f6d9524e-3b95-4f2e-aeb4-7fbba6693a55">Re: What does your boudoir say about you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Liv I love your duvet cover!!! Where is it from?
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

I was just gonna say that!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, not really. There're white walls, a bed with a black frame, a black nightstand, a cat house, dog crate and bed, and a sorta dark wooden dresser

That's from an old house, but the idea's the same (I don't know why it's fuzzy on the side). We just don't have the white bookshelf in our room anymore.

I guess the bed?

Nope. Nowhere to put one and I don't think I'd want one in there anyway.

Clutter's pretty much my middle name. We've been better about it, but the dresser still has a a lot of crap on it. FI and I don't have sex, so I don't know if it would distract from that, but we're not to bothered by it anyway.

Red and gold with cool embroidery (some of which are paisleys and I LOVE paisleys!). However, the cats have had their way with it, so it doesn't look as nice as it did in that picture. Poor comforter :( We also don't ever really make the bed, so the throw pillows don't get much use.

Hmmm...the spiders? And maybe the blinds. These ones are dirty and have been dirty for so long I can't get the dirt off D:

Do you have a dream bedroom?
    Hmmm...not really. I learned my lesson about pretty embroidery in this house, so I'd get a sturdier comforter. I prefer darker colors in the bedroom as opposed to whites, yellows, etc. And I'd like to get my cool mirror fixed so that I can have it in there again. But that's about it. I'm not much of a decorator :P

• jorja86jorja86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No theme really-and we are in the process of changing the colors because we just got a King sized bed, and therefore a new comforter. The walls are a dark khaki color.

The bookshelves/entertainment center

Yes. I don't think it takes away from anything. We turn it off when the time comes. Also, because I work nights, I'm not ever tired at the same time BF is, so we go upstairs together, he goes to sleep and I watch TV in bed for a couple hours.

Right now, yes. It's pretty much just BF's clothes. He never really learned how to put laundry away, so right now they are ALL OVER the floor. We're working on this.

The old one was khaki colored plaid with darker brown. The new one is chocolate brown and cream with some embroidered swirls.

Get BF's clothes off the floor and into drawers. We're getting new curtains to match the new bedding. I'd also like to get some matching night stands. Right now we have some hand-me-downs BF has had since college. We also don't have an actual headboard-footboard. I'd like to get one of those.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards