Christian Weddings

Can't get my head on straight today!

Okay... I have had a day like no other.  I can't seem to get it 100% together today.

Anyone having a rough day who wants to share? 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Can't get my head on straight today!

• edited December 2011
    Summary of my day, for those interested:
    Got to school 2 hours early to set up the auditorium for the visiting HS choir to perform for my MS students.

Couldn't find my keys (to classroom and auditorium).

Apparently some other event was scheduled for the auditorium on TOP of my event, and the PRINCIPAL was the one who scheduled my event.  Had to move the HS choir performance to the cafeteria... loud air conditioner... not the best acoustics to say the least.

Went back home to find my keys, they weren't at home.  

Got back in the car and found them in my purse (which I had ALREADY dumped out trying to find them)

Got back to school with 45 minutes to spare before my 1st class and spent that time setting up the keyboard and sound system for the choir.

Had good classes, then had 2 planning periods ... unpaid time at the school does NOT make a part-time teacher happy. (it was a "delayed opening" day because all of the teachers had school and district-wide PLC meetings; I'm part-time so I don't do PLC unless it's an all-day PLC like the one we had in October)

The HS choir was 10 minutes late.  

My kids ALL had to go to the bathroom right before the performance (duh, their bodies are on a clock)

HS performance started 15 minutes later than originally planned.

THE HS CHOIR DIDN'T EVEN USE THE SOUND SYSTEM OR KEYBOARD I HAD DRAGGED ALL THE WAY TO THE CAFETERIA FOR THEM.  WASTED WORK. (biggest pet peeve of all time is wasted work)

I had car duty in the parent pick-up circle this week, and today my partner for duty was gone.  She had a replacement fill in for her, but he didn't know what he was doing so he just stood there.  He's retiring in 20 days.  Gotta give the man a break.  But I had to handle parents in the pick-up line all by myself, which wasn't fun to say the least.

After that, I had a student waiting on me to go practice piano ... except I still have to pack up the sound system that I dragged down to the cafeteria (the kids helped me get the piano back before the dismissal bell rang).  So, he helped me pack up the sound equipment and I let him practice for a while until I talked with the principal about how OFF I felt about my day.

Come to find out... the event scheduled on top of my event was a grade-level assembly that someone FINALLY took the courtesy of emailing elective teachers less than 2 hours prior to the event.  The elective teachers are very irritated this evening.  Not to mention, my 6th grade chorus students had to miss out on hearing the HS choir because no one informed me about this potential conflict... when I was scheduling the HS choir to come in OCTOBER.  Fricky frick fricksfjdksal;fjdklsa.  

Okay, I vented.

Now for my actual response...

I talked with the principal about getting the events on the calendar so that we're all aware of what's going on.  She agreed.  I talked with my dept. chair about setting up some time next week so we can meet (I'm new at this school) so she can help me figure out things that I missed in preparation for today.  

AND.... if this grade-level assembly mess keeps happening, they had BEST email the elective teachers sooner than 2 hours prior to the event.  URRRRGH.  We're going to start a riot next time.  :-) 
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I can't say that my day was rough, but I *can* certainly relate. I remember lots of days like that when I was a teacher.

I found this collection of verses today, and it was a cool encouragement and reminder of who God is. I hope it's not too long or hard to read format-wise...

My Child ~

You may not know me, but I know everything about you ~ Psalm 139:1
    I know when you sit down and when you rise up ~ Psalm 139:2
    I am familiar with all your ways ~ Psalm 139:3
    Even the very hairs on your head are numbered ~ Matthew 10:29-31
    For you were made in my image ~ Genesis 1:27
    In me you live and move and have your being ~ Acts 17:28
    For you are my offspring ~ Acts 17:28
    I knew you even before you were conceived ~ Jeremiah 1:4-5
    I chose you when I planned creation ~ Ephesians 1:11-12
    You were not a mistake, for all your days are written in my book ~ Psalm 139:15-16
    I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live ~ Acts 17:26
    You are fearfully and wonderfully made ~ Psalm 139:14
    I knit you together in your mother's womb ~ Psalm 139:13
    And brought you forth on the day you were born ~ Psalm 71:6
    I have been misrepresented by those who don't know me ~ John 8:41-44
    I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love ~ 1 John 4:16
    And it is my desire to lavish my love on you ~ 1 John 3:1
    Simply because you are my child and I am your father ~ 1 John 3:1
    I offer you more than your earthly father ever could ~ Matthew 7:11
    For I am the perfect father ~ Matthew 5:48
    Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand ~ James 1:17
    For I am your provider and I meet all your needs ~ Matthew 6:31-33
    My plan for your future has always been filled with hope ~ Jeremiah 29:11
    Because I love you with an everlasting love ~ Jeremiah 31:3
    My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore ~ Psalm 139:17-18
    And I rejoice over you with singing ~ Zephaniah 3:17
    I will never stop doing good to you ~ Jeremiah 32:40
    For you are my treasured possession ~ Exodus 19:5
    I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul ~ Jeremiah 32:41
    And I want to show you great and marvelous things ~ Jeremiah 33:3
    If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me ~ Deuteronomy 4:29
    Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart ~ Psalm 37:4
    For it is I who gave you those desires ~ Philippians 2:13
    I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine ~ Ephesians 3:20
    For I am your greatest encourager ~ 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
    I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles ~ 2 Corinthians 1:3-4
    When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you ~ Psalm 34:18
    As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart ~ Isaiah 40:11
    One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes ~ Revelation 21:3-4
    And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth ~ Revelation 21:3-4
    I am your Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus ~ John 17:23
    For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed ~ John 17:26
    He is the exact representation of my being ~ Hebrews 1:3
    He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you ~ Romans 8:31
    And to tell you that I am not counting your sins ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
    Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled ~ 2 Corinthians 5:18-19
    His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you ~ 1 John 4:10
    I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love ~ Romans 8:31-32
    If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me ~ 1 John 2:23
    And nothing will ever separate you from my love again ~ Romans 8:38-39
    Come home and I'll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen ~ Luke 15:7
    I have always been Father, and will always be Father ~ Ephesians 3:14-15
    My question is ~ Will you be my child? ~ John 1:12-13
    I am waiting for you ~ Luke 15:11-32

Love, Your Dad, Almighty God
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry!  I've been having a couple of crazy days at work myself.  I work in an IT department - which is enough in itself to let everyone in the world know that we're the most overworked people in the whole organization.  But it's not just any IT department, it's a hospital IT department.  So there's an added sense of urgency when someone in the ER can't register a potentially dying patient because they can't log in to the system.  But you know what?  I love my job, and I quite literally stop to thank God every time I think about it for giving me this job.  :-)
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
  • edited December 2011
    kelly- days like that can bring you down. I have had them! I will say a prayer that tomorrow is a better day. 

az- Wow, that collection of verses is so cool! I am definitely saving that. It gave me chills. 
  • edited December 2011
    WOW AZ, thanks for the collection of verses!  Today was a much better day and my principal came by the classroom to check on me and things were fine.  I'm teaching MS chorus (as I've said before) and the kids are getting ready for their school assemblies on Dec 17 (the last day they have school)-- so we are in MAJOR prep mode on new music for them.  That, and I'm trying to build their confidence more.  It's HARD to build their confidence if I'm not confident, and yesterday they actually helped "build me up" since they could tell I was having it a little rough.  Middle School kids are so sweet sometimes!!  

Back to the grind... gotta get home so I can do some laundry, and a dress rehearsal with the orchestra at Duke tomorrow on Beethoven's 9th, among other things... (I'm playing flute with the Duke Strings School Youth Orchestra -- I'm one of the few "adult assistants" so I am kind of in charge of the woodwinds and brasses). 
  • azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad today was better for you. :) And I'll keep praying as you minister to and with those young ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards