March 2013 Weddings
Options

Help! In law issues!

Completely new to this and typing in the go so sry if this belongs somewhere else. Quick summary of the issue is I'm Protestant, he switched to the Protestant church a while ago and before we ever met and they're do or die Orthodox. They cant stand were marrying protestant and now I'm to blame for just about everything going on with thier deteriorating relationship with Fiance.
His sister seems jealous of how clise we are ? which completely has me at a loss for what to do. They were definitely close but strains between him and his parents have also strained thier relationship. She actually got married in May of this year, shortly after we started dating. were two months engaged
Hes been giving then thier space which should be normal enough but i think unfortunately shes lumped it into why she feels im taking him away from the fam.
Anyway, today was the worst family fight to date. It included FMIL swearing she will not be attending the wedding.
Help me please!!

edit they also set up a surprise supper with their Priest which fiance and i didnt appreciate much. We were polite and all but it seems the priest has told them theres no hope of me baptising Orthodox any time soon which thier isnt and he told over the phone he didnt approve of our marriage, it was wrong and wouldnt work out :o/
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! In law issues!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_march-2013-weddings_help-in-law-issues?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:2fb7282e-ed53-4794-84c9-f5617fc97f8bDiscussion:d32b1d61-c15c-4a76-b107-8b6f1808da5cPost:751c5ea9-de6f-408d-8f61-9eb8390867d5">Help! In law issues!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Completely new to this and typing in the go so sry if this belongs somewhere else. Quick summary of the issue is I'm Protestant, he switched to the Protestant church a while ago and before we ever met and they're do or die Orthodox. They cant stand were marrying protestant and now I'm to blame for just about everything going on with thier deteriorating relationship with Fiance. His sister seems jealous of how clise we are ? which completely has me at a loss for what to do. They were definitely close but strains between him and his parents have also strained thier relationship. She actually got married in May of this year, shortly after we started dating. were two months engaged Hes been giving then thier space which should be normal enough but i think unfortunately shes lumped it into why she feels im taking him away from the fam. Anyway, today was the worst family fight to date. It included FMIL swearing she will not be attending the wedding. Help me please!! edit they also set up a surprise supper with their Priest which fiance and i didnt appreciate much. We were polite and all but it seems the priest has told them theres no hope of me baptising Orthodox any time soon which thier isnt and he told over the phone he didnt approve of our marriage, it was wrong and wouldnt work out :o/
    Posted by futuremrsmina797[/QUOTE]

Hasn't she done this before? I've read this before on another board. Did it happen again today?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards