Ohio-Toledo

Manis/Pedis the day before... (advice please!)

Hey ladies! Happy Monday!I thought I could get everyone’s advice on something. Brief Background: I am not requiring my BMs to get their hair/makeup done. I am letting them decide if they want to pay for it to be done or do it on their own. They are totally cool with that and there is a “mix” of who is getting what done (between doing own makeup, getting hair done or getting both hair/makeup done, etc). I would LOVE to at least  treat the girls to manis/pedis the day before the wedding but I’m struggling to find a place with a decent package that won’t break the bank after mani’s/pedi’s & gratuity. So I guess first question – who’s found the best mani/pedi package in town?  Second… I thought of offering to pay for half (or maybe a little more than half) of a mani/pedi pkg for each girl, but they would have to pay for the second half. How do I properly “word” this? “I found a place where we can all get manicures and pedicures the day before. Their package is $XX. If I cover $XX of each package, who would be interested in coming along?”  Does that sound OK? Or is it really tacky…… I do not want them to feel obligated to do this (& I will let them know that) but I thought it might be something fun we could do the day before . Any thoughts? What is everyone else doing?  Should I just suck it up and pay for it all…? Am I thinking about this too hard?  

Is it Friday yet?? AHH
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Manis/Pedis the day before... (advice please!)

• catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So, I got my mani/pedi done at Dillard's the day before the wedding and I do *NOT* recommend. My appointment was at 1 -- me and my mom were going together. They didn't take us back till 1:45.  It was nearly 4 by the time it was over.  By 6 PM it started chipping.  The RD was at 7:30.  It's not like I did anything in between that time, like dishes or anything hard on my hands.  Not sure why it started chipping 2 hours later.  Not impressed.  I thought it was expensive, but my mom paid with a GC so I don't know the exact cost.

For second question...  How about you say something like, "I'm willing to pay for the mani's, but if you want to also get a pedi, I can't swing that."

That way they aren't obligated to get the pedi, but their mani's will still look great and it doesn't break your bank. :)
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I like catarntina's suggestion about covering their mani OR pedi, and letting them decide if they want to spring for the additional service. Maybe let them choose? I personally HATE having my feet touched and would rather stab myself in the eye than get a pedi. But I digress.

I recommend Salon Soto-- this is where we (females in the bridal party) are going the morning of our wedding for anyone who wants hair, makeup, nails, toes.
    Surprisingly, their prices are reasonable and if you have at least XX amount of people then you take 10% off prices (sorry, can't remember if it's 5 or 7 people).
    http://salonsoto.net/

Also, I recommend Jonathon Khoi: http://jknailspa.com/

Both places fill up early, so book whenever you can if you choose to go to either of these places.

Good luck! It's nice of you to want to pamper your girls :)

• edited December 2011
    I recommend beauty bar its $55 for the mani/pedi combo which I think is extremely reasonable. Thats where I am going. they also have 4 chairs which is nice so most of you can go at once. and I agree offer to pay for the mani and see if they can swing for the pedi. I wouldnt say half..it sounds better to say youll pay for once whole service:)
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh thanks! I like the idea of covering a "service" rather than part of the package.. much better :)
    Thanks for the help and suggestions on places!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Jonathon Khoi is a litle more expensive but you get your own nail kit assigned to you that has never been used and they allowed us to bring in champange and snacks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards