Pre-wedding Parties

who gets invited?

In your opinions and in lieu of ettiquite....who gets invited to the rehearsal dinner??

I always thought it was just the wedding party and their spouses and parents of the bride and groom.

I planned our rehearal dinner and evited just that.....wedding party, spouses, and parents.......

.......turned out it opened a HUGE can of worms with FI's family. They made a huge deal that 2 of my FI's sisters were not going to be invited. They are not in the wedding and not from out of town and one of them doesnt even speak to me!

So what is traditional ettiquite with this? What are your opinions? Im open for any suggestions. We are paying for it. But just want some opinions of outsiders?

Thanks in advance!

More than words.....

Re: who gets invited?

• edited December 2011

I've heard 2 ways.
    1) Bride and groom, bridal party/significant others, immediate family, out of town guests
    2) what you did.

I did what you did. I don't see any issues with what you did. If it's going to be a huge ordeal, and if it needs to be fixed, I would just say you read that who you invited was all that was spsd to be invited, but you'd be more than happy to extend the invite to the two sisters/their significant others, if that is FI's family's way of doing things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yes, Just those who are involved with the rehearsal (bridal party and immediate family) and their "plus ones." If you do out of town guests or others that is your choice but is by no means required...

My fi and I just got into a huge fight about this because his mother said the RD was all set... and then today says ONLY the OOT groomsmen and her OOT friends and family are invited... She's evil. Needless to say I called my dad all upset and he is going to help me do a RD with the entire bridal party and my family... sans his family. Their loss. Don't worry you're not alone on these problems.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards