New Mexico

ALFRED ANGELO IS THE WORST!!

Today I went to Alfred Angelo in uptown and they were awful!! I had a terrible experience!! I did not get my wedding dress from them but decided that I would check out their bridesmaid dresses.  I had read many bad reviews for Alfred Angelo but decided to give them a chance.  BIG MISTAKE!! I made an appt. and they were very vague they didnt even ask how many bridesmaids I had with me or anything.  I told them on the phone anyway that there would be 5 to try on dresses and they acted like it wouldnt be a problem.  However I didnt realize that we only had 1 hour to try on dresses and that wasnt all we could only have 2 girls trying on at a time and only 2 dresses in the room at a time! plus they only had 1 girl helping us while the other 4 were up at the front just talking to eachother.  When I walked in they didnt greet me or even smile! They treated my mom and i like we didnt even matter.  After 25 minutes of being there and only 35 minutes to go we had only 1 dress tried on and all the lady kept saying is " you only get an hour"  We were very upset! What started out as a fun day turned into a stressful nightmare! I have never been treated so rude from people who are supposed to make this as stress free as possible!! Because being a bride is stressful enough!! We ended up walking out and going to Brides by Demetrios who were extremely helpful and wonderful!! All i can say is dont waste your time going to Alfred Angelo!! I should have listened to all the other negative posts and stayed away!! All I can say is if you are thinking about going there dont waste your time!! 

I do however highly recommend Brides by Demetrios they are completely wonderful!! And very helpful!!! 

Re: ALFRED ANGELO IS THE WORST!!

• Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a really great experience. Went in early on a saturday morning and took 4 bridesmaids tried on 6 or 7 dresses each one of the girls who wasn't busy walked over to help put the rejects back and they even let my flower girl try on dresses after we chose her dress. And Even the manager stepped in to help with placing the orders and get measurements. # days later when i showed up aunnanounced with my 2nd flower girl Casey was happy to let me see her in the dress i wanted and measured her and ordered the dress right there. It's an upscale dress shop, but they won't treat you like a princess and do the work for you. 
    This may have been because i walked in and had pictures of what i wanted and pretty much bossed everyone around, which is just my personality!!
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I have mixed feelings about Alfred Angelo's.  I didn't get my wedding gown there, but did get the bridesmaids' dresses there.  I went in there 3 or 4 times because I couldn't make up my mind about the dresses.  They were extremely patient with me and helpful to my friends.  However, when my bridesmaids' picked up their dresses, the helpfulness ended.  The staff allowed them to try the dresses on, but didn't help them at all with zippers and such nor did they recommend anyone to do alterations.  Once they have your money, I guess they are done.

As a side note - the dresses we got are absolutely beautiful.  They are not exactly like the dresses the girls tried on in the store though.  The dresses in the store are super shiny, slinky, satin without a liner.  The dresses that arrived are polyester satin with a liner - heavier and not as shiny.  As long as they all look the same, it will work.
  • Caraydo84Caraydo84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for that info Glister i'll keep that in mind when my BM's dresses come in. and I'll let my BMs know as well.
    November '10 SC: Favorite Fictional Coupleimagemy BIO updated 10/20/10 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aseay87aseay87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't expect to be treated like a princess, I just like to be acknowledged and they couldn't even do that.  Especially when we are planning on spending hundreds of dollars there, i would at least like to be smiled at!  I must have gone in on a bad day for the girls working or something because I was not impressed and they were not patient with us.  But I am happy that some people have been treated nicely when going there.  I wish that I would have had a similar experience!  
  • edited December 2011
    I had a great experience only because Casey helped me and was SO nice and helpful. I just purchased my wedding dress and Casey took care of everything! She was so fun and super sweet to my mom! The other girls did seem to be a little quiet and not helpful at all especially Veronica! She can cause a Bridezilla scene with her not helpful stuck up dont care attitude! Plus they have awesome deals!!
  • band18band18 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i guess you guys are all in albuquerque but im in las cruces and went to alfred angelo in el paso, tx and they were also really rude!! i was super excited to go in and try on my dress the day they called and told me it had arrived, when i got there they said i couldnt even try it on before i finished paying off the balance on it!
    we did come in later that weekend to do just that, and again before i could even try it on theyre asking me if i want to finish paying it, i hadnt even seen it!  they even made a big deal saying they couldnt even touch it at all for alterations, im like dont worry about i still have 6 months before it has to be altered! im just glad i got the dress i wanted and wont have to worry about them till i take it back for alterations
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards