July 2012 Weddings

Rings....kind of dumb question....

How does this work, do you give his to your MOH and yours to his BM or does the BM take both rings?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Rings....kind of dumb question....

• I am putting both in a box for the ring bearer to carry up the aisle.  I am going to trust him not to stumble and spill them out, but the box closes and has a latch so I'm not too concerned.  I will probably keep the box at my parents house and bring us when we leave from getting ready.

Anniversary
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Uhhhh no clue. I was wondering this this morning. I think MOH takes his and BM takes yours sounds right if you don't have a ring bearer.
  • We're giving both to his BM.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In other weddings I've been to, the MOH holds the groom's ring and the BM holds the bride's ring.

In our case though, I don't trust my MOH with something like this (I'm not kidding), so the BM will hold both.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours are on the alter so no one holds them.  RB is taking my e-ring down the aisle though because I want him to have something to do.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_ringskind-of-dumb-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e5a2a07f-f16a-4090-bff6-65c3cff8c178Post:c41678dd-1dd9-4e32-bebc-5cf5a0f96a85">Re: Rings....kind of dumb question....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In other weddings I've been to, the MOH holds the groom's ring and the BM holds the bride's ring. In our case though, I don't trust my MOH with something like this (I'm not kidding), so the BM will hold both.
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Lol I know it's not funny at all that you don't trust your MOH, but the comment made me laugh. Is your MOH your uninterested slightly jealous sister? Can't remember, sorry sometimes I get people's stories mixed up
  • I haven't really thought about this yet, but probably MOH will have fiance's and best man will have mine (although he is really irresponsible so I feel nervous even thinking about him holding on to my gorgeous band).

On a related note, at our final meeting with our photographers, they told us that lots of couples will panic in the morning when the photographers are trying to do all of their jewelry/dress/"details" shots, and the rings aren't all in the same place. So make sure you guys have ALL the rings with you for dress/jewelery shots in the morning (or whenever you get these pictures done)! It was a really good point I had never even considered!
  • Oh sh!t. This is kind of a duh moment, but I really don't trust his BM with the rings. The MOH might have both of them now that I think about it. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great point butterfly!  Didn't really think of it.  They're all going to be at my parent's house in the safe but really wouldn't have thought of the detail shots needing them.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I think I'll be keeping FI's until we line up for the processional, then give it to my MOH.  I'll probably put it on a chain around my neck until then and be checking constantly that it's there.

I'm sure FI will be able to trust one of his groomsmen with it, b/c they're his two older brothers that are really reliable.
  • Another dumb ring question... what do you do with your engagement ring? Since once I put my wedding ring on I don't want to take it off do you have that with the wedding ring ir do you take it off and put it on later? Don't know why but this detail stresses me out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Eliz77Eliz77 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm tying fake rings to the RB's pillow and BM will hold onto both rings. I was MOH once and the BM had the rings. Last year, FI was a BM, he had both rings then when he handed them off to a very nervous groom, the groom dropped them and FI managed to catch them before they hit the ground! Was pretty cute!

Also, my GM are all doing pictures before wedding, and photographer will be doing the artsy pics with the bouquets, invitation, rings etc. Gets that out of the way! 

~ES~
  • Best Man is carrying both for us. Jeweler gave us a cool tiny bag with two sections with snap closures, one for each ring. :-)
  • We are having both our rings held by the best man. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • We're giving them to the officiant...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_ringskind-of-dumb-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e5a2a07f-f16a-4090-bff6-65c3cff8c178Post:5f3b1bb9-a23b-4367-a4ce-fe6b06626b18">Re: Rings....kind of dumb question....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Another dumb ring question... what do you do with your engagement ring? Since once I put my wedding ring on I don't want to take it off do you have that with the wedding ring ir do you take it off and put it on later? Don't know why but this detail stresses me out.
    Posted by clh4444[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm going to switch my e-ring to my right hand for the ceremony, then just put the e-ring back on my left hand with my wedding band after. </div>
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards