Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Dominican Republic resort recommendations?

Hi everyone!
My FI and I are looking at all inclusive resorts and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations (or the opposite) for the Dominican Republic?  We're on a bit of a budget and found some great deals, but a lot of the resorts sound very similar in what they offer.  Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!! :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dominican Republic resort recommendations?

• Options
    We went to PuntaCana for our HM (not sure if you are looking there or Puerto Plata).  Anyways we stayed at the Hard Rock it was fantastic.  I thought it was a little pricey though...  If you don't get much help here, you can check out the trip advisor forums.  I stalked these for months before we went and it was great to get all the extra help.

For Puerto Plata TripAdvisor forum: Click here
    For PuntaCana TripAdvisor forum: Click here
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I just got back 2 weeks ago and stayed at The Paradisus. We stayed in The Reserve. We had a great time. PM me if you want any specific information. We stayed 7 days and got a great deal. Its beautiful there.
  • Options
    We stayed at Zoetry Agua for 7 days for our wedding. We loved everything about it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Keep in mind- Puerto Plata and P*nta Cana are two different waters. P Cana is the Caribbean Sea and Puerto Plata is the Atlantic Ocean. Also, Puerto Plata has a lot of cultural things to do and see whereas P Cana is more of a resort town (though there are a few touristy things to do). Juan Dolio is a small beach area near Santo Domingo, which does not have beaches (if you stay in Santo Domingo, there are many things to do, especially historical sites, but the beach is a drive).

Good luck and enjoy!

Oh-and Rio San Juan is in the province of Puerto Plata, however it is about an hour to an hour and a half drive from the airport.

ETA: Juan Dolio is the beach area near Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo itself does not have beaches to enjoy. (Clarification)
  • Options
    We recently got back from Sirenis in P unta Cana, and we loved it!  We felt like we got much more than we paid for.  Message me direct if you need more info.
  • Options
    We stayed at the Iberostar Grand in PC and LOVED it, however I wouldn't call it budget.
  • Options
    thank you, everyone!! :D
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My FI and I stayed at the Riu Palace in P unta Cana,a nd it was gorgeous and budget friendly. He even made me go shopping on the last day before we went to the airport because we hadn't spent enough money!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_dominican-republic-resort-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:11Discussion:efa01559-bd6e-4810-8904-849fe1c1058ePost:88a183c0-ddf7-4ef3-a85c-0f831aca4523">Re: Dominican Republic resort recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]thank you, everyone!! :D
    Posted by pomundson0[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    We are going to PuntaCana for our HM I am excited and from all I have heard it is supposed to be amazing!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Iberostar grand bavaro is amazing but very expensive. Worth splurging for your HM
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards