New York-Hudson Valley

Rehearsal Dinner in Rye/Mamaroneck Area?

Hi All,

We are getting married next September at the Mamaroneck Beach & Yacht Club and are in search of a place for the rehearsal dinner...FH and I are not from Westchester (we live in NYC) so we need some help on what places would be good options in the area... The bridal party and most guests will be staying at the Doral Arrowwood in Rye Brook, so anywhere in the area would work...appreciate your help! 

Re: Rehearsal Dinner in Rye/Mamaroneck Area?

• LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rye Bar & Grill

Frankie & Johnnie's Steakhouse - a little bit pricier

September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MagallytaMagallyta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Rye Bar & Grill
  • edited December 2011
    I just got married at Mamaroneck on 9/10/11! Please let me know if you have any questions at all about working with them. I had a hard time finding anyone on this board who got married there previously and it made me a little nervous at first! I looked at about 6 venues before choosing them. From day 1 they were awesome to work with. I literally do not have one bad thing to say about them! We had the most amazing experience!! Everything was perfect. I keep hearing great stories from my guests about how amazing the service was now that I just got home from my honeymoon! Sheldon, his wife and Jordan were so on point that day I was so happy. 
    Back to your question.. For our rehearsal dinner we went back and forth between Rye Bar and Grill and the Hyatt in Greenwich. 
    The Hyatt was about 7 dollars less a head so we went with them and I was really happy. Service was great and it had a private party feel more so than a restaurant. I do love the food though at Rye Bar and Grill! 

Let me know if you have any questions at all! 
    -Sara 

• cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    T&J in port chester, which is right by rye, is awesome italian food, and a more intimate place than rye bar and grill, which tends to get PACKED on the weekends.  
  • edited January 2012
    Thanks everyone!! We are thinking of going with Rye Grill...great location (easy for people coming in on the Metro North which is literally across the street!) and a straight shot pretty much from our church (where the rehearsal will be)...going to try it out this weekend for lunch with the parents when they come to visit.

On a side note, any recommendations for cakes in the area?

So glad to hear you had a great experience with MB&YC!! :):) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards