Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

break out help?

I'm standing up in my brothers wedding in 3 1/2 weeks, and am stressing out over these breakouts! I've recently gotten off of BC after being on it for the majority of 10 years, and my skin is angry! I've had almost flawless (though sometimes a tad dry) skin for as long as I can remember, though I know I had a lot of breakout when I was younger and not on the BC. Now I'm breaking out again, which is so frustrating.
Does anyone have any go-to fixes for this? I don't want to get back on BC just to have clear skin, that seems insane to me. Hoping to find a clenser/toner/something that will help that I can start using now to get my skin cleared up before the wedding. Any suggestions are much appreciated!
Praying for a miracle!

Re: break out help?

• Options
    I use Purpose face wash. You can find it at Wal Mart or any drug store, and that's what my derm has always recommended. It is one of the most basic, cleanest facewashes.

It also may not be too late to take a trip to a dermatologist to see what they recommend. I looooove my dermatologist and have been taking either pills or prescription topicals since I was in 4th grade.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies, I am going to look into each of your suggestions and see what my derm. recommends.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    Get into a regular routine with an exfoliant, moisturizer and night cream. I just use hot water in the AM and moisturize, I bought almay clear complexion foundation and the 2 step acbe concealer (I love it even though I don't use both sides at once), I use stidex face pads before/after the gym and then use clearasil/st ives with a face brush when I shower at night and then moisturize again and use either a benzoyl peroxide or salicyclic acid cream (if i use one too much and my skin starts to dry out, i switch)

I have problem skin and get pimples in the same spots over and over (its worse when I stress out). Since I became more dilligent about following a routine (I SUCK at skin care routines!!!) it's gotten wayy better. Good luck!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I suck at routines, too. Being a single mom (well, I'm with my S/O, but child is from previously), working full time, being in college full time, and other responsibilities, I'm lucky if I remember to actually get into my bed before going to sleep, let along doing a routine. Looks like I'll really have to push myself to do it!
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Options
    I forget steps all the time- trust me! And you have a busy schedule, maybe try some of the ponds face wash wipes if you're running late? It will help take off your makeup and gently clean your skin. It looks like there's a lot in there, but there really isn't. I've forced myself to remember my moisturizer before foundation or pimple creams. You'll get a routine that works for you. Have you thought about keeping pimple cream in your purse? That may help some too so you can put it on right when you remember it - in class, in the car, dropping baby off at daycare/dance/soccer/playdate.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What ever skincare product you decide, I can tell you that drinkiing loads of water will help, maybe even do a light cleanse leading up to the wedding loads of fruit and veggies, sometimes the problem is internal  and needs to be worked on both inside and out. 
  • Options
    This one is REALLY odd but I'm getting married in three weeks and have been really freaking out over this red dot on the tip of my nose. My sister and i did some diy facials. For acne and blackheads a natural DIY approach is take three TB of warm water and put one TB of salt in the water. Let it disolve then dab onto the spot twice a day. . .  My red spot is disappearing!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards