Wedding Woes

DH's work has already deicded to be shut down tomorrow...

So he'll be driving his 7 mo pregnant wife to work...I've decided.

And we'll see about Wednesday on Wednesday morning.  No one may be going anywhere.

Re: DH's work has already deicded to be shut down tomorrow...

• edited December 2011
    Yeah, the word around here is that we'll be closed at least two days. We're hoping to stretch it to Thursday. I'll be happy if it goes through Wednesday (we have a horrific work thing scheduled - team building crap).
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes. I hope you guys get a few days off of work, but that you stay warm and safe.

Dear God. I can't believe this winter that you've had.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Even though we grocery shopped last night, I'm making DH go to the store again today for another gallon of milk and bananas. 

I'm just hoping our power doesn't go out.  That's a huge concern (to the newscasters) right now.
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, the power going out is a big deal. I'm glad we have our gas fireplace now.

I hope you guys don't lose power!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dhs-work-already-deicded-shut-down-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:168f9d86-aeaa-49fe-b69e-6f4bc73ab480Post:4921de14-78a1-44fd-962d-4f319729605f">Re: DH's work has already deicded to be shut down tomorrow...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Even though we grocery shopped last night, I'm making DH go to the store again today for another gallon of milk and bananas.  <strong>I'm just hoping our power doesn't go out.  That's a huge concern (to the newscasters) right now.</strong>
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Yikes, seriously?!  Checking the local news sites now.  That definitely would suck...We lost power during a snowDUMP here a month or so ago and it was quite miserable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    ::vibes for everyone in the storm path staying safe and warm::
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's been snowing for an hour already.

At 11:00am today, DH's work announced they are shutting down Wednesday.  DH has worked there almost 5 years and they've never done this.
  • edited December 2011
    We're supposed to get hit with ice tomorrow.  My concern right now is that my campus will decide to open on time and wait for the storm to come, then let us leave.  Uhhhh I do not want to anywhere NEAR the roads when the ice starts to come, much less having to drive 20 miles on the highway in it.
  • edited December 2011
    taw - this storm is actually three storms coming from the west, east and north (according to the weather report on my phone). It's gonna be serious.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dhs-work-already-deicded-shut-down-tomorrow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:168f9d86-aeaa-49fe-b69e-6f4bc73ab480Post:8cdf5d73-da21-4df5-8de3-f272e3da73e0">Re: DH's work has already deicded to be shut down tomorrow...</a>:
    [QUOTE]taw - this storm is actually three storms coming from the west, east and north (according to the weather report on my phone). It's gonna be serious.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

I knew it was supposed to hit in waves, but I didn't know it was hitting us from all sides!  We're supposed to get the worst of it from tomorrow at 8am into Wednesday.  The news keeps using phrases like "worst storm (for our area) in YEEEAAARS."

I've lived in this area for 6 years and I have never seen the amount they are predicting actually fall, so it's crazy.  And my hometown could actually get 2 feet.  Yikes.  I'm so glad I got groceries yesterday and made my emergency TP run this morning.
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness we have enough TP.  :)  

I'm worried about our satillite going out.   But we do have Netfilx.  If our internet goes down, we're screwed.   Or we might be able to get an entire game of Phase 10 in (which I've never done, LOL). Of course this is if I don't go to work.
  • edited December 2011
    If our cable goes out, it is going to be ungodly.

H and I were discussing our grocery needs, and kleenex and TP were on the top of my checklist.

A few hours ago, I called him in a panic and asked if he got me cheese to make grilled cheese and he said yes, and tomatoes and avacado. <- I got me a good man.

We never lost power for a significant period of time during last year's blizzard, so I am hoping we can stand this. The big factor here is the freezing weather turning everything into ice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards