Texas-Austin

Hair Stylist - Engagement pictures

Hello!

I'm new to Austin and need recommendations on a hair salon to get my hair done for engagement pictures.  I would like to get my hair blown out with loose curls.

Thanks,
Marissa

Re: Hair Stylist - Engagement pictures

• edited December 2011
    I love Jackson Ruiz on 5th and Lamar.  They have always done a very nice job with my hair.
  • SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just went to Trina Mallet at Grapevine Salons on 620 a few weeks ago, and she's awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • may2005may2005 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've used Mark at Metamorphsis for years. 

His number is 327-0622 (which I know by memory !!).  He's located at 3435 Bee Caves Road.
  • jenn.atxjenn.atx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leigh at Salon Auora.  512-474-2872. 
    Across the street from Threadgills on Riverside.
    I had her blow out my hair with loose curls for my engagement photos.  I was so happy that I had her do it again before the rehearsal dinner...  which was one of my better moves.  No stress for blow drying before the dinner and she had wine to calm my nerves.  : )
  • edited December 2011
    i did this for my engagement photos. i go to jamie at urban betty and she is amazing! i got so many compliments on my hair on the photos and just in general whenever i see her.
  • sara.judkinssara.judkins member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say Visible Changes at Barton Creek Mall!  Great stylists, great prices, you will definitely walk out of there with fantastic, photo ready hair!
    www.ohitislove.com Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I agree. If you are looking to get a great effortless do, go see Fide'luisa at Visible Changes at Barton Creek Mall. I hate that the salon is a chain based company . I really love and try hard to keep it local in the city and spread love to small businesses who could really use the exposure, as I am in business for myself as well. But Fide's work is unparallel. She just gets it, whatever you want, she will give it to you and at the Visible Changes affordable price.

I highly suggest her for gorgeous day of wedding tresses and up-do's as well. I wish she was in business for herself, that girl is so talented and can work wonders on even the most stubborn hair. If you end up going to see her, tell her Christina Alfonso sent you, and she will work in a fantastic deal, if you decide to use her for your wedding day and take great care of you.

Good Luck and Welcome to Austin! Have fun meeting great people!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards