Oklahoma

Food ideas

Hello everybody!

I was hoping that I could get some ideas for dinner?

We are having a very laid back casual wedding. Also trying to keep it relativley inexpensive. The wedding will be around 5-5:30 ( still havent pinned it down!)

I thought about having BBQ, but that is pretty pricey. Also thought about doing heavy hors'dourves.

Just wanting some feedback if it should be more of dinner because of the time or is heavy finger foods ok?

Re: Food ideas

• JustGLAMOURJustGLAMOUR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • TisharpTisharp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was at 7pm, but we just had snack type foods - carrots and ranch, cookies, cheese tray, chips and salsa, etc. 

On the invites, to let people know we wouldn't be having a dinner, I just put "dessert reception immediately following" and even thought it wasn't JUST desserts, I figured that got the basic point across.

Where all have you looked at for BBQ?  You might try Bad Brad's in Yukon.  They cater and from what I've heard, are not too expensive.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using http://www.michaelscateringcompany.com/

My ceremony begins at 7, but on the invite we put light Hors d'oeuvres even though i don't think they really at :-(

For $9.95 a person we are getting
    Teriyaki chicken skewers
    Mashed potato bar in martini glasses with all the toppings
    Grilled veggie platter (asparagus, squash, etc)
    Fruit platter + carvings (cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, strawberries)
    Cheddar biscuits
    Caesar salad
    Water tea coffee

He provides all hard plastic plates and utensils
    And cuts your cake at no extra charge

Hes out of Sallisaw, OK but is pretty much willing to drive anywhere and he's really nice and friendly, I chose all the fruits and veggies i wanted. he has some menus on the website but is very willing to change/alter them.  IDK if the number on his website it correct.  If you want his cell number PM me and 'll get it to you
  • bikerbopbikerbop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married over Halloween weekend focusing more on having a party for our friends then the typical wedding ceremony and reception. We've decided to have a chili and soup bar. Along with that we'll have various breads and toppings for the chilis as well as crackers. We'll serve fruits and salads.  Since it's Halloween, we'll definitely have a candy buffet. By doing the buffet bars ourselves we'll be able to cut expenses way down.

What you want to do is perfectly okay. Your guests should enjoy it as long as there is variety and it's good. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards