Not Engaged Yet

Dumb.

I think it is dumb that so many people in our neighborhood park all of their cars outside, WHEN THEY HAVE A TWO CAR GARAGE. I get that they may have more than two cars in some places, but I've seen their garages and they store other stuff in there. Too much other stuffs.

This morning I had to listen to a car alarm going off about 45 minutes before my alarm clock went off because of someone's dumb car being outside on their dumb driveway during a dumb storm.

What else is dumb?

Re: Dumb.

• I feel your pain on that one Jen. I live in a condo, so parking is already pretty limited. I don't feel like people should be able to use their garages as storage sheds...and then take up the rest of our meager parking.  *humph*

Gift buying with a price limit is dumb. My future SIL set up a dollar amount on our gift exchange this year. While I understand not wanting to give something small when someone gives you something extravagant (or vice versa)...I hate being tied to a certain dollar amount. If I find something i'd love to get for you, i'm getting that. Gift giving shouldn't have to be equal. In fact...you shouldn't know what I spent anyway. Just appreciate that I wanted to get you something, and I expect nothing in return. Christmas isn't about the gifts anyway people. 
  • My coworker is dumb. He gave me a hard time about taking off on Monday and yet he's come to work late  EVERY single day this week! Yesterday and today he didn't show up until 8:30 (I get here at 6:30, he's supposed to be here no later than 7:30). I want to punch him in the nose. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:881dc084-5960-49c6-81d5-3f65f3351097">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel your pain on that one Jen. I live in a condo, so parking is already pretty limited. I don't feel like people should be able to use their garages as storage sheds...and then take up the rest of our meager parking.  *humph* Gift buying with a price limit is dumb. My future SIL set up a dollar amount on our gift exchange this year. While I understand not wanting to give something small when someone gives you something extravagant (or vice versa)...I hate being tied to a certain dollar amount. If I find something i'd love to get for you, i'm getting that. <strong>Gift giving shouldn't have to be equal. In fact...you shouldn't know what I spent anyway. </strong>Just appreciate that I wanted to get you something, and I expect nothing in return. Christmas isn't about the gifts anyway people. 
    Posted by allusive007[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I'm tired from traveling and the parking peeve thing seems like a good place to direct my frustration.

And good point! Gift giving is always stressful for me. I suck at being thoughtful. ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:01e7397f-b74b-49ee-aa43-e410d8149ba7">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]My coworker is dumb. He gave me a hard time about taking off on Monday and yet he's come to work late  EVERY single day this week! Yesterday and today he didn't show up until 8:30 (I get here at 6:30, he's supposed to be here no later than 7:30). I want to punch him in the nose. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Pff. Total jerkface. And yay for your time off! I am taking next week off as well, but likely working here and there... Still not having to drive into DC and reply to emails will be a HUGE vacation.
  • There are so many dumb things in the world, where to begin.  It's dumb the stock market is open Xmas eve and NYE..... really..... why can't we let people enjoy the holidays. 

I live in a condo and there is always a shortage of parking, I get one assigned spot, sometimes depending when either of us gets home we have to park far away from home.  I can't wait until we have a driveway and garage.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:8a401142-d164-431d-9a94-7c515127b76d">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are so many dumb things in the world, where to begin.  It's dumb the stock market is open Xmas eve and NYE..... really..... why can't we let people enjoy the holidays.  I live in a condo and there is always a shortage of parking, I get one assigned spot, sometimes depending when either of us gets home we have to park far away from home.  I can't wait until we have a driveway and garage.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]

PROMISE ME you'll park cars in your garage.

p.s. I am sooooo excited for all of these new homes! We need picture updates once every one starts decorating.... I guess I need to post some of my own still :( Our place is just so... empty?
  • Unpacking is dumb. FI ding sugar ants everywhere because the previous tenants were slobs is dumb. Not being able to fully unpack because of bugs is dumb. Not being able to get to my Christmas tree because my patio door is screwed up is dumb. Jenn, my house is very very white. I need to get curtains and pictures hung soon.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:b6a9909f-3f0d-4590-a133-fca586b28cb7">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dumb. : PROMISE ME you'll park cars in your garage. p.s. I am sooooo excited for all of these new homes! We need picture updates once every one starts decorating.... I guess I need to post some of my own still :( Our place is just so... empty?
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]
    We'll park in the garage, but we also have a long driveway as well.  I will definitely have pics up of the house before and afters :-)  Since there is so much space we're going to space out certain projects over time.
    We keep saying the line from ther movie Stepbrothers- There's so much room for activities!

Anniversary

• It's dumb at work we were always told we get 6 paid holidays a year. Evidently the rule changed and now if a client wants to meet, we meet. So, now I need to be mostly 'on call' all day on Christmas. Plus, I am working Christmas eve. So frustrated.

Second, I feel like I am getting a cold. No! Not this close to Christmas!
    Used to be bourgehm. +1,500 posts. Silly knot
  • The end of the world posts yesterday/today...dumb.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • my fence blowing down yesterday...  dumb.

my coworker scheduling a webinar software demo for this afternoon after lunch... DUMBER.
  • My friend is dumb.  I was talking to her about how I need to find an accountant to do my taxes or at least help since this will be my first year filing as a homeowner.  She said I could use her accountant.  Um, the IRS sent her a nice letter saying she owed $2000 in back taxes, why the heck would I use your accountant????

Jen my house has a garage, I only use it when it's going to snow out.  But most of the time I park outside of the garage.  Why?  Because it's a manual garage door.  Hooking up electric to it is on our "to do" list along with a million other things.  But, I think I'm going to start just because that was such a big selling point for me lol.  Oh and the pool and cabana too lol.

Can't think of anything else dumb.  It's dumb I have to work 11.5 hours each on Wed, Thu and Friday.  Hopefully I'll get out a little early on Monday.  Ugh.

Oh I did something dumb.  I sent an e-mail to my dad about how I have an interview next Friday, he e-mailed me back this morning and I just glanced through it.  The e-mail said "don't worry about talking about your work ethic, your reputation travels further than you do" I thought he wrote ETHNIC.  I said "Dad, they can't base my hiring on my ethnic background that's illegal!"  Next e-mail ethic was bolded.  Duh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:eccd01d8-d56f-4c7e-a092-4bd1dab1846e">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]IKEA furniture is dumb.  Unpacking is dumb.  People not knowing how to drive in the rain is dumb. 
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

I love putting together Ikea furniture!!!!  If I ever lost my job, I would apply to the Ikea near my house (New Haven) and be one of the people who puts Ikea furniture together!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:311c37e8-2ac8-438e-b070-6be9287076bd">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE] Jen my house has a garage, I only use it when it's going to snow out.  But most of the time I park outside of the garage.  Why?  <strong>Because it's a manual garage door.  Hooking up electric to it is on our "to do" list along with a million other things.  But, I think I'm going to start just because that was such a big selling point for me lol. </strong> Oh and the pool and cabana too lol.
    Posted by buddysmom80[/QUOTE]

Oh we have a similar long to do list. Our neighbors are probably like "GET SHADES ALREADY!" because there are still 4 windows without shades. And we need to put light bulbss in our garage so a light turns on when we open and close the door. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:f1e4bbb9-7f69-49c7-a8e5-55155467f69b">Re: Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dumb. : Oh we have a similar long to do list. Our neighbors are probably like "GET SHADES ALREADY!" because there are still 4 windows without shades. And we need to put light bulbss in our garage so a light turns on when we open and close the door. 
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

When my parents bought their house that was a new construction that was the first thing they did, buy some cheap o mini blinds!  I'm so glad the seller left her shades and window treatments in our house because we have a wall in a kitchen that is all windows and that would've been a lot of money to get window treatments.

I just found my excel spreadsheet of to do's for the house, darn I'm picky! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Drive through liquor stores...dumb. Seriously, I know most responsible adults wouldn't drink and drive but REALLY how is this not encouraging that. 

Warning labels on McDonalds coffee...dumb. I would HOPE that my coffee would be HOT. Isn't that the freaking point. AH the litigious society in which we live 
  • I agree on the parking. In our complex you get a one car garage and one assigned spot, but the guest parking is always filled with residents' cars!

I was super pissed at people getting on the freeway yesterday. There are metering lights at commute time, so it takes awhile. Most of us are patiently waiting our turn, but other people are making illegal right turns and half the cars in the carpool lane have one occupant. It's dumb that there's no cop to rake in the money from these people who are too good to wait in line.
  • I'm dumb. I messed up our PO Box number so some stranger has been getting our mail. Grr
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_dumb?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:1b249a87-fec1-48d8-8231-ece40abe1bfbPost:e28a1b17-865c-4e0f-b635-a90bc727ce6b">Re:Dumb.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm dumb. I messed up our PO Box number so some stranger has been getting our mail. Grr
    Posted by cu97tiger[/QUOTE]

I'm dumb too. The only real reason I had to come into the office today was to return the loaner laptop I had from my trip.
    I left the laptop leaning against the shoerack in my house and left for work.
  • It is dumb that it is raining today.

It is also dumb that I have been sleeping really poorly.  I'm over it. 

I was also dumb because I forgot Liv yesterday.  I still feel bad about that.   
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• H is taking over someone else's job responsibilities plus his own regular responsibilities and doesn't get a raise... DUMB.
  • Getting sent home early from work when I desperately need the hours is DUMB.  
  • I agree about the parking, as it's dumb that my boyfriend's condo only has a single car garage for people in the building. Chances are that he'll sell the condo when we get married so we have a driveway or a 2 car garage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards