Attire & Accessories Forum

All Groomsmen in a white tux?

My fiance wants all his groomsmen to be in white tuxes and a pool or tiffany blue vest. anyone else have a fiance that wants this? Am i wrong to say that will drown me out and not look right against my bridemaids who will be in color. Im supposed to be the only one in white right?

Re: All Groomsmen in a white tux?

• RamonaFlowersRamonaFlowers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Personally, I think white tuxedos are a blight on humanity.

However, unless your FI is getting a say in what you and your BMs are wearing, you really don't get a say in what he and his GMs are wearing. You can make suggestions, but you can't flat out tell them they can't wear something if they all wish to.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• So...basically...this, except with blue?

It looks absurd and tacky, not to mention contrarian to all the rules of formality and black tie attire.

Take Clippy's advice:

Thinking of tuxedos? Visit this site first: www.blacktieguide.com

What to expect from a rental tuxedo.

• I fully agree-- White tuxes not pretty! But of course at work I have to smile and tell people that it looks great

• Ditto PP. I'm anti white tux.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I loved my man in white, but I definitely would not have been happy if H had chosen to have his GM in white as well. I feel like white is very difficult for men to pull off well... I would suggest you take him to a store to try on a white tux himself and hopefully he realizes the difficulty of making white look good (especially since it shows dirty, wrinkles, etc that will be stuck in your pictures foreeever :P ) 
  • OP, please note that there's a HUGE distinction between military dress uniforms and the white tuxedos you're contemplating.

Having your gentlemen wear their appropriate military dress uniforms will always be a timeless look. Additionally, it's pretty much the only time you'll ever hear me endorse having the gents match.

Thinking of tuxedos? Visit this site first: www.blacktieguide.com

What to expect from a rental tuxedo.

• OP - maybe we could help you do an intervention here?  I don't think them wearing white is an insult to the bride or anything, but white tuxes are just bad.  Maybe google white tuxes and show FI some photos.  maybe he will come to his senses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards