Maryland

Inexpensive Venue

Hi Ladies!   So many of the sites we are interested in are booked!  I'm looking for an inexpensive venue in Maryland to hold or wedding & reception.  Hopefully one where we can bring our own caterer.  Any thoughts??

Re: Inexpensive Venue

• Please give us much more info... # guests, style?

Ex: On the water, ballroom, barn, loft gallery, mansion, gardens, etc.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Well I'm looking to hopefully stay under 2k for venue.  Preferably to include tables, chairs, etc. 

We're thinking about 100 guests, fall wedding.  I'd like to do the ceremony outdoors but would like to be sure there is indoor space if there is inclement weather.

We'd like to stay in MD.  We are in Montgomery County so closer to that is best but we are willing to travel a little.  Maybe w/ in 1-1.5 hours away? 

We have a family friend who does catering so we'd like to be able to bring our own caterer.

Thanks!!
  • Try local golf courses, they are pretty and generally a little cheaper since most ppl don't think of them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There are plenty of parks in the area too, like Brookside Gardens or Strong mansion at Sugarloaf Mtn.  We looked into some and are actually getting married in a park in Frederick because that's where we live and it fits our vision perfectly.
  • We have a park here in Calvert County on the water that has a barn that can be used for events. I'm not sure of the price. If you're willing to travel this far south check out Jefferson Patterson Park. I have a co-woker who was married there last year in the fall and she raves about the place.
  • Look at the Villages in Columbia! I'm an Event Planner at owen brown.
    I also have my own business doing Day Of Coordinating for weddings.  I do anything from decorating the reception to coordinating the ceremony.
    email me if you have any questions
    dayofcoordinating@gmail.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards