Canada-Ontario
Options

Airbrush Make Up?

I keep seeing airbrush make up on wedding shows (specifically Wedding Day Makeover) and it looks really good!  Does anyone have any experiences with it?  Can anyone recommend a make up artist that does this and would likely travel to York Region?
Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
imageWedding Countdown Ticker
"If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert

Re: Airbrush Make Up?

• Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi There

I was told by several MUA during my trials that air brush is required if your skin isn't in good shape.  It can give you full coverage making you skin smoother and making the make up last longer if you have oily skin.

From the MUAs I inquired on ...it is about 20-40 dollars more than a regular make up application. 

Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_airbrush-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:cd037fa9-7e13-43af-8c24-52cf5396bc5bPost:57d7dcff-7893-4465-93bb-66de858e8a91">Re: Airbrush Make Up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi There I was told by several MUA during my trials that air brush is required if your skin isn't in good shape.  It can give you full coverage making you skin smoother and making the make up last longer if you have oily skin. From the MUAs I inquired on ...it is about 20-40 dollars more than a regular make up application.  Hope that helps :)
    Posted by MrsBM[/QUOTE]
    what did she mean by not in good shape?
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My skin isn't great, but I was fine with regular makeup!  A lot of people asked me if mine WAS airbrushed, so that was nice to hear.  Airbrush is common for a lot of places now - there are many who will do it at an extra cost.
  • Options
    orlykahnorlykahn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi ladies
    I am a makeup artist.
    I do provide air brush makeup HOWEVER i usually only do it for television, commericals and film. The reason is... its a very heavy application. I find that most brides tend to want a softer appearance on their big day. Air brushed makeup can appear very thick and harsh. Most people on television are air brushed because the lighting reduces a high percentage of the coloring in their faces so the thickness of the air brushed foundation helps keep them healthy looking.

Even if someone has uneven skin tones and problematic areas (acne etc...) i still highly reccomend avoiding air brushing. There are some outstanding cover ups available that any good makeup artist should be able to suggest before turning to air brushing!

if anyone has any more questions...don't hesitate to ask!
    Orly Kahn *Makeup Artist* www.orlykahn.carbonmade.com
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_airbrush-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:cd037fa9-7e13-43af-8c24-52cf5396bc5bPost:ff6a3b21-5551-44d4-b596-dc23071b603a">Re: Airbrush Make Up?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Airbrush Make Up? : what did she mean by not in good shape?
    Posted by CaylaSummer[/QUOTE]

Pretty much if you have acne or scaring from the acne.  But also if your face has any discoloration - hope that helps!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess when I'm talking to MUAs I'll ask if they do airbrush then.  My skin has been terrible for the past year, so that's why I want it.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    marianabmwmarianabmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was wondering if airbrush was worth it also - so I went and had a trial. It is DEFINITELY worth it in my opinion. It feels incredibly light and the coverage is amazing, you can use oil blotting papers to take away the shine, but besides that no other touch ups are needed. With regular make-up i found that afer using blotting papers the makeup did not look as fresh as it did in the beginning - however, with airbrush it looked great.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards