Military Brides

Newly engaged army bride!

Hey girls, Im new to the knot. My fiance is in the Army National Guard. I was wondering how you girls were proposed to?  He had drill all weekend and came home on Sunday (june 10th) in uniform. I was relaxing outside with our dog and he came over to me and handed me the nametape off of his ACU's and said "I wanted to know if you wanted to keep this" I said sure of course .. and he said "along with this??" and got down with the ring and asked me. I was in such shock I couldnt speak! But of course I said yes!  It was 2 days before my birthday too, which made it so much better, He said he wanted to wait but was too excited...How were you girls proposed to? :)

Re: Newly engaged army bride!

• That's super cute! You get to keep his last name. Dawwwww :) My fiance is Army and he proposed to me in Hawaii. We hiked up this mountain all day, at the top was a beautiful view of the open ocean and a lighthouse at the bottom. It was breath taking and I had no idea it was coming.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Well that is cute!!! Welcome! We love new people! H and I went to st Augustine for the day. He had been planning this as a trip while I was visitibg him over spring break. We spent the day doing touristy things. I did not know until a little bit before but H had set us up to go on a sunset cruise on a sailboat.... H when we got on the cruise I knew it was coming...I just knew! But as it went along....nothing.... then.. as we are going back to shore..he gets down on one knee and asks....it was great. I asked him why he waited until the end and he said I wouldn't remember the cruise if he asked early....which is probably right....I don't remember what we ate or how we even got home.
    Photobucket
  • What a cute story! Congrats on your engagement!

FI proposed on our anniversary at Disneyland. We walked over to Snow White's wishing well and he got down on one knee. It was cute and we both love Disney. :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Congratulations!! Such a cute story :)

FI proposed last June when I flew out to visit him in Cali over my birthday. The actual day of the proposal, everything that could go wrong did lol Things definitely did not line up the way he wanted them to. So anyway, it was our first actual date night in months. We decided to ge see The Hangover 2 at the theater (so romantic right lol) and then we went out for ice cream. Afterwards, we were walking back to the car to leave, or so I thought. Instead he led me down to the beach. So we took a late night walk down the beach and he found this huge rock to sit on overlooking the ocean.

After sitting there and just talking for awhile, he started jiggling his leg really bad - he does that when he really has to pee lol So I told him we could leave if he wanted to. So we get up to leave, as I turn around to step off the rock he grabs my hand and turns me back around. He's standing on the rock just below me and gives his little speech. I had no idea what was going on until he said the words "Babe will you marry me". He sure can be romantic when he wants to be!!
  • Ha, mine is so very very "us" and not at all typically romantic. I knew he had ordered the ring and that it had come in that day. He took it to the bedroom after he checked the mail just to make sure everything was right. I knew he had it in there. He had thought about waiting, but also knew that I was a little impatient and there wasn't much point in keeping a secret. We went shopping, came back, ate Pizza Hut for dinner and were watching The Soup. 

He asked if I wanted to wait or if I wanted to see what it looked like. I told him that if he brought it out I was keeping it. So, he brought it out, got down on one knee next to the couch, and asked if I would marry him. I said "Of course." 

Aaahhhhh, so warm and fuzzy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. 

He asks me about once a week to marry him, and I still say yes. 
  • Welcome to the board.

Like Divine said ours was so us too.  We were at the Outter Banks for the 4th of July and we were sitting on the dock getting ready to watch the fire works drinking beer and eating boiled peanuts.  That is when he popped the question. 
  • Those are all so amazing!! Congrats to all of you! Im so excited to join all of you!! :)
  • Welcome to the board as well! 

I love my proposal, it wasn't too extravagant nor too simple, just right for us. H had taken me dress shopping earlier in the day saying we need to be dressy for where we were going later in the night. Then, he had taken me to Tokyo(he was stationed 1hour away) at this beautiful restaurant on the 52nd floor of the Park Hyatt Hotel. The food was so delicious and the views from inside the restaurant was amazing. I thought he was actually going to ask me there but he didn't so I was a bit bummed out. Afterwards we took a stroll at the park across the street and right as I was kinda starting to walk ahead of him he pulls me to turn around and he was down on one knee and proposing! I was shocked so I didn't even say yes the first time and I kept going, "really?" then he says "are you gonna answer me or not cus I'm still on the ground!" so then I told him to ask me again and I said "YES!" 

My H and I are dorks so the way the actual proposal went down was perfect for us! 
  • Congrats to you both!!!! : Very adorable way of proposing. We got engaged on June 15th in San Diego! He had been going on and on about us taking a 3 day weekend vacation to breathe from the stress at our jobs. We took so days off and drive to SD and got us tickets to visit Sea World I had mentioned I wanted to go before and took the opportunity. Before he began planning our "vacation", he made me promise I would take a very 1940s red wiggle dress I had bought not too long ago. Anyway, I wore my red pin up dress for dinner and he took me to an amazing restaurant overlooking the San Diego skyline and bay. After dinner we walked out to the patio, he took my hand, gave me his speech and got down on one knee. I felt so awkward since I opened my mouth and couldnt speak! I managed to squeak a YES and wrapped my arms around his neck. : Definitely a weekend I'll never forget!
  • Well hi there... :)

So, I'm of course new here as well... and this post seemed like a recent enough one that seemed good for a hello to everyone on here... 

So. The proposal...
    My fiance tried to plan a surprise trip to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains, but of course, he only managed to keep that a surprise for maybe a day. He also decided that we should do a short beach trip as well and of course I wasn't going to complain about that. So, we ended yo spending three nights at Tyndall AFB (he's Army though) and three in TN. His original plan was to propose in TN... but he just couldn't wait. 
    Our first full day in FL we both got SO sunburned :( so the next day we just hung out inside that morning and then we went parasailing and to dinner. Then, on our way back, he decided that we should see a sunset... So we drove to the beach access lot on the base and walked the half mile out on the boardwalk. The beach is undeveloped for miles and miles no one else was there, and the sunset was gorgeous. We traipsed down the beach quite aways, with me stopping to pick up shells all too often. He kept venturing away when ever I would stop, which was odd.... Finally we picked a place to watch the sunset and we laid out a towel. I was playing in the water and he made some comment about how awesome the sunset looked in the reflection of the water left from the waves, so he sent me off to take a picture. When I came back he had me turn around and close my eyes. When I turned around he was on one knee! :) And he asked me to marry him. I tackled him with the biggest bear hug ever and I was torn between crying and smiling and laughing. I was SO happy. When I finally let him go just a bit, he asked if I wanted the ring haha (Which he had had open in his hand.) And he told me I had trampled his message... He had written "Marry me?" in the sand... but I didn't even see it because I was just looking at him and was so excited and so overjoyed. ... It turns out that every time I would stop to pick up shells, that's why he would keep walking, to try and write the message, but I would never leave him long enough haha.
    The ring is amazing, simply because the man who gave it to me is (and because it is really pretty haha). And he told me that the lady at the jeweler said no man has ever spent so long trying to pick out a ring... That they looked at nearly every ring in there and would match it up to mine (his favorite) and she would go... "Which one is more" Bearsworth? And he stuck by this one the entire time :)

The proposal was pretty simple. But I loved it. It was simple and just us (we're both pretty shy), and amusing to us. And of course it was him... So it was my perfect proposal from my perfect man. :)

AND I love how each and everyone of your all's proposals are perfect for each couple. SO cute :) 
    I look forward to joining all of you all on this board!

P.S. That was long. I think I'm a rambler. Sorry :-/

• Thats soo adorable!!! CONGRATS!!!!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_newly-engaged-army-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:1dd4d31e-a23e-43d1-b5bc-8b45cc98ed35Post:151f5c70-ce7d-4a4f-9f28-a90d7f6370cd">Re: Newly engaged army bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well hi there... :) So, I'm of course new here as well... and this post seemed like a recent enough one that seemed good for a hello to everyone on here...  So. The proposal... My fiance tried to plan a surprise trip to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains, but of course, he only managed to keep that a surprise for maybe a day. He also decided that we should do a short beach trip as well and of course I wasn't going to complain about that. So, we ended yo spending three nights at Tyndall AFB (he's Army though) and three in TN. His original plan was to propose in TN... but he just couldn't wait.  Our first full day in FL we both got SO sunburned :( so the next day we just hung out inside that morning and then we went parasailing and to dinner. Then, on our way back, he decided that we should see a sunset... So we drove to the beach access lot on the base and walked the half mile out on the boardwalk. The beach is undeveloped for miles and miles no one else was there, and the sunset was gorgeous. We traipsed down the beach quite aways, with me stopping to pick up shells all too often. He kept venturing away when ever I would stop, which was odd.... Finally we picked a place to watch the sunset and we laid out a towel. I was playing in the water and he made some comment about how awesome the sunset looked in the reflection of the water left from the waves, so he sent me off to take a picture. When I came back he had me turn around and close my eyes. When I turned around he was on one knee! :) And he asked me to marry him. I tackled him with the biggest bear hug ever and I was torn between crying and smiling and laughing. I was SO happy. When I finally let him go just a bit, he asked if I wanted the ring haha (Which he had had open in his hand.) And he told me I had trampled his message... He had written "Marry me?" in the sand... but I didn't even see it because I was just looking at him and was so excited and so overjoyed. ... It turns out that every time I would stop to pick up shells, that's why he would keep walking, to try and write the message, but I would never leave him long enough haha. The ring is amazing, simply because the man who gave it to me is (and because it is really pretty haha). And he told me that the lady at the jeweler said no man has ever spent so long trying to pick out a ring... That they looked at nearly every ring in there and would match it up to mine (his favorite) and she would go... "Which one is more" Bearsworth? And he stuck by this one the entire time :) The proposal was pretty simple. But I loved it. It was simple and just us (we're both pretty shy), and amusing to us. And of course it was him... So it was my perfect proposal from my perfect man. :) AND I love how each and everyone of your all's proposals are perfect for each couple. SO cute :)  I look forward to joining all of you all on this board! P.S. That was long. I think I'm a rambler. Sorry :-/
    Posted by Bearsworth[/QUOTE]
  • I loved reading all of these and I got so excited that I wanted to share my very 'us' proposal story.

My now fiance and I were just enjoying an evening together before he had to head off to AT in Grayling. Both in our sweats and having one of our usual end of the night wrap-up conversations. Talking about how a bunch of my friends and co-workers had baby fever and are getting engaged. That of course lead to us talking about our future. The rest of the conversation is a bit of a blur. Apparently he made it quite obvious that he was going to propose with saying "So if I were to ask you to marry right now you would say yes?". He then sped off to his bedroom and came back sat down by me and put a ring on my finger. I was completely stunned at this point in time and was unsure what he was doing. Then after a little while my whits came to me and I actually realized what exactly was going on. He had to ask me again for me to fully realize what had just played out. Needless to say I was excited. I cried I smiled and I couldn't stop smiling til I fell asleep.

The only bad part about it was that he had to run off to AT the next day.
  • Awwwwwwwww CONGRATS! That is SO SWEET!!!! ;)
  • edited March 2013
    He is deployed and is currently in Kuwait, It was Feb 12,2013 (2 days before my birthday) We were on Tango (video chat) just having a regular conversation. We say Squirrel when we are changing the subject..lol. He says Squirrel! I said huh? he says, MARRY ME! I laughed and continued the conversation... lol. Then I realized what he just said.. I looked at the camera and said REALLY? he said UHUH. I said when? He said ASAP. I was still in shock..he then said I have leave in May.. get to planning!  It wasn't the most romantic proposal, but everyday we talk on the phone or video chat, it's love,laughter and I can't wait to be his wife <3 So Here I am getting it all done and ready for when he comes to get me..because I am leaving Vegas and moving with him to his hometown in Alabama! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards