Kentucky-Louisville

Heyy!

Hello everyone!!!! I am newly engaged (last friday..Woo!) and recently moved to Louisville. I am originally from Lexington but lived in Cincinnati for college, and Valparaiso for my first year of law school. 
I plan on transferring to UL law school for the fall. Our tentative date for the wedding is October 2012. I am so excited!!!! 
Just wanted to say hey to everyone..... I am open to any advice regarding the Louisville area. Venues, dress shops, bridal shows, anything!! :) 

Re: Heyy!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I am a MOG and as of a week ago last Wednesday.. a MOB, too!! We have a busy year ahead of us. My daughter has set her date  June 9-and now the fun begins.. We've gotten most of the vendors selected and can breathe a bit. 

My son is focusing on purchasing a home with his fiance first. Once that's checked off their list they'll pick a date.

Have fun with the planning!
  • Birdie1483Birdie1483 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!

I've lived here three years now. My FI went to University of Cincy.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! My husband and I got married at Oxmoor Country Club very pretty venue I loved it. We used http://site.nvisiblephoto.com/ as our photographer! They are GREAT take beautiful pictures and are very affordable and will work with you on prices (which is a HUGE plus when you have so much you are budgeting for) We used DJ Joe Dubb as our DJ he was wonderful and affordable, A touch of Elegance for our flowers she was awesome she will also will work with you on prices and she had the most pretty and fresh flowers! Need anything else let me know! PS: I we got married in October too I just LOVE fall weddings! :)
  • latina40299latina40299 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to Louisville!  We are getting married next weekend and I graduated from UofL law school last year - let me know if you have any questions about either :-)
  • whitneygeslerwhitneygesler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! We are getting married April 28, 2012. I am a clinical psychology graduate student at UofL. Welcome to Louisville!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kysnowbirdkysnowbird member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kel! Welcome and congratulations! I've had luck with a lot of great vendors, but my absolute favorite is the bridal shop La Dolce Vita over at the Mellwood Arts Center. Sheila is so wonderful and helpful! All the dresses are way less expensive than at chain stores, but they seem more luxurious and of a higher quality. It's a great shop!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

CONGRATS and welcome to Lousiville!! I'm new here too...having moved in September b/c my FH lives here.

• edited December 2011
    Hello! Welcome to Louisville!  The board can be quiet at times but if you need anything at all, just let us know!  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on your wedding!!! Also congrats on graduating! How was UofL Law? I do not know anyone at the school yet....but am very excited!!! Glad to have the first year out of the way :) Congrats again!!!
  • britt2488britt2488 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and welcome! I am a fellow October 2012 bride!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to Louisville!! I have been planning for a little while, and some really good vendors I have found were ShaFox Events for planning. Ellen really knows what's going on! Bridal Suite of Louisville for the gown, hands down amazing selection, great staff and service. There are a lot of florists out there, but my front runners right now are, Fleur de Lis, J. Elizabeth Design, and Lavender Hill. Some photograpphers that are up there are, Lang Thomas, Robert Burge, and Vogue Visions.
     Still working on the other stuff. I will try to keep posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards