Wedding Etiquette Forum

Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it

2»

Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it

• Thats because Philly is a dirty disgusting city only good for diamonds and cheese steaks. Certainly not baseball, football or hockey teams.
  • I tend to dislike personal fundraisers when it's not a cause attached to cute kids or something like that. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:22ba6c4a-8dc4-4ca4-9a39-6f0c161fc51c">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thats because Philly is a dirty disgusting city only good for diamonds and cheese steaks. Certainly not baseball, football or hockey teams.
    Posted by Rosie109[/QUOTE]

We're good for soft pretzels, too!  Bought from the back of a shady van on a shady corner by an intensely shady man.  With dirty hands.  But they're so good.
  • LDY - I love that kid in the movie. /threadjack
  • The first cross dresser I ever saw was a prostitute with a bright pink wing on the street corner in Philly. Life changing experience I tell you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:294bdcca-f7b7-4c56-89b3-d13bb3977044">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it : That was my mom.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Awesome.</div><div>
    </div><div>Honestly, I don't know why people are upset with Eagles.  If the OP asked what to do about her drink tickets not specifying that two drinks were covered, people would not have told her to write "2" on the back.  They would have told her that drink tickets go against etiquette.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:b4037096-c4da-43de-ba99-c4faa7d6f5cc">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good, hopefully no one will show up.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    I also thought a variation of this in my head.
    I also laughed.

I never even heard of a stag and doe before TK.
  • pgcppgcp member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:c45aa4c0-36de-4627-8dde-9df728fc5390">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it : We're good for soft pretzels, too!  Bought from the back of a shady van on a shady corner by an intensely shady man.  With dirty hands.  But they're so good.
    Posted by Joy2611[/QUOTE]
    You forgot as my sister and my (who no longer live in the Philly area) favorite part, "with no obvious source of fresh water."  Man now I want a cheese steak, hoagie, pretzel and a "wooder" ice!  Oh and TastyKakes!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:f545968a-819e-4d5e-85bf-d67d8893786c">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it : Awesome. Honestly, I don't know why people are upset with Eagles.  If the OP asked what to do about her drink tickets not specifying that two drinks were covered, people would not have told her to write "2" on the back.  They would have told her that drink tickets go against etiquette.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div>I had to take the dogs to the vet, but I wasn't upset with her.  I just pointed out that the poster likely didn't realize it was against etiquette and said calm down killer.  She chose to have another bitchy response back, and that one pissed me off.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I can be the queen of sarcasm, I get it, and I've done it too.  But clearly this OP wasn't being a bitch about it and didn't realize it wasn't common everywhere.  </div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd have the tickets re-printed. Our BP is hosting a social for us (in Manitoba we call them socials)...and I'd be really worried and upset if there was no hall information on the tickets.
  • Yea like some PP said, I didn't know it was against etiquette. I guess I am just used to them because everyone has them, no that doesn't make it right. I have been trying to follow etiquette with my wedding (hence why I posted on this board and some of you were really helpful). 

A few years ago my cousin didn't invite my BF (now FI) to his wedding because we didn't live together and I guess that didn't count as a real relationship, but invited my cousins baby daddy (not married and no longer together) and feelings were really hurt and it did effect our family, so I told myself I will try my best not to make any huge etiquette no-nos for my wedding. 

Thank you to those who pointed it out nicely and were helpful, I am going to talk to my wedding party.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_stag-and-doe-tickets-do-not-have-the-location-on-it?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:8ca691dd-3ae5-4a9b-a0ca-aa5447822d0aPost:f545968a-819e-4d5e-85bf-d67d8893786c">Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stag and Doe tickets do not have the location on it : Awesome. Honestly, I don't know why people are upset with Eagles.  If the OP asked what to do about her drink tickets not specifying that two drinks were covered, people would not have told her to write "2" on the back.  They would have told her that drink tickets go against etiquette.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]
    My issue was that Eagles didn't say anything about it being against etiquette. She just flat our meanly said "I hope no one comes". That was just unprovoked meanness with no explanation to the OP. But there was an apology, and some clarification for the OP, I'm not going to beat a dead horse. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • So I get that a stag and doe is some kind of fundraiser. Do you just come and give money - or do you have to buy a ticket to get in? I've never heard of this. 
  • edited April 2012
    Tickets are usually $5-$10 and it's basically a dance and party where everyone drinks and eats munchies. There are games and raffles and a DJ usually.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards