July 2012 Weddings
Options

Where do you plan on spending the holidays?

Re: Where do you plan on spending the holidays?

• Options
    Probably split Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve with his family, and Christmas with my family.  I won't compromise on Christmas.  He knows this...lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We've been doing Christmas Eve with his family and Christmas Dinner with my family so we'll be keeping those. Not sure about Thanksgiving and Christmas morning since we're both used to spending those with our own families... probably alternate years? Luckily our families live only 20 minutes apart.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • Options
    Growing up, H's mom always got the kids for Thanksgiving, and dad got them for Christmas.
    This year there *might* be a divorce going on with H's brother in California, so they are refusing to come to Texas for TG.
    So MIL (she be cray) is throwing a fit and saying she's driving up to Kansas to see her other daughter. Fine. Whatever.
    So because there is so much drama, we're just doing TG locally here with my family, who is much MUCH more tight-knit than his.
    Christmas Eve and Day will also be with my family since we're local, and then we will drive up to Arkansas on the 26th to spend a few days with his father (who is not cray).

Sadly, because his family is so disconnected and drama-feuled, it's just easier to plan to be chill with my family. It just makes me feel so bad for H and his few siblings that are normal.
  • Options
    My parents are coming here for Thanksgiving but it's going to be a mess as to where we have it.  I want it at our house but ILs are probably going to have it there even with my family which will be super awkward as they will be kind of outcasts.

The weekend before Christmas, we're going back to PA and then coming back on Christmas Eve so we can spend time with his family.  I am not happy about this as Christmas will not be a family thing but MIL is being stupid and saying that she, "can't live without him for another Christmas."  (We went to PA last Christmas for the first time ever together)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    We will be spending Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family. My H family lives in SC (we're in CT) so we usually do not see them for the holidays.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    It'll be just us & my brother since we're all unable to head home for the holidays this year!  it'll be quiet!
  • Options
    This year at my brothers just before the holidays... he has work during the holidays and then on Christmas Day with H's parents.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Thanksgiving = Mom's and Dad's (Mine)
    Christmas Eve (Our House)
    Christmas Day - Grandma's (Mine)
    New Year's - Out of State with His Family
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanksgiving was at our house for the second year in a row. My parents live in Indiana, so they traveled out here for the week. My sister goes to school in NH, so they visited her, then drove down.

DH and I went to his aunt's house for lunch, then we had his parents and my family for dinner.

Christmas will just be his family, again :( I HATE not seeing mine for Christmas. I am doing everything in my power to get Christmas week off next year, as is DH, so we will probably drive out there for it. Last year, we went to his aunt's for Christmas Eve dinner, and Christmas day lunch, then his parents came over to our house to exchange gifts. I assume it will be the same this year.

New Year's does not count as a holiday to us lol DH is working New Year's day this time anyway, and I think we both work NYE.
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards