Pennsylvania

Wedding Venue Help!! Trying to plan on very low budget

Hi Ladies,
Does anyone have any suggestons for anywhere reception place around the area for an inexpensive price ($60 or less a person), were on a real short budget but are willing to look anywhere - philadelphia, poconos, montgomery/bucks/delaware counties.
Any help would be great :)

Re: Wedding Venue Help!! Trying to plan on very low budget

• edited December 2011
    Hey there!!

I've heard that the Inne of the Abingtons is really affordable, although I've read some pretty bad reviews about them so I didnt actually visit the venue when doing my search. I am having my reception at the AppleTree Terrace in Dallas, PA. They are a bit above your budgeted 60pp, but they include so much food! You may also want to try Nicols Village hotel in Clarks Summit. I dont know how many guest you will have but if its under 120 then that may be a good location for you.

Good Luck!
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank so much, I'm going to check them all out right now :)
  • lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're interested in the Lehigh Valley area, try the Masonic Temple in Bethlehem.  It's very inexpensive.  You have do a lot of the decorating and whatnot yourself, but the place is beautiful.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks I will do that now! If you have any other suggestions in that area, please keep them coming :)
  • myfeverplaysmyfeverplays member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Inne of the Abingtons next JUne and they have been great to deal with thus far. I am paying $49.00 per person (this includes wedding cake, bar, buffet, and appetizers- hot & cold.)

They have plans that cost even less too. I think I saw a package that was $35 per person or close to it, I don't know what it included though. However, the Inne is in Lackawanna County so it is a bit away from the places you asked about, not sure if that matters or not.

Either way, I reccomend ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey My fever plays - I'm actully really considering the Inne of the Abingtons! Thanks so much for the positive feedback about it. Is it really as nice as the pictures show? Have you tried any of their food? My finace and I recenly relocated to Florida so we are now having to plan a wedding from so far away and we really only want to visit it if it will really be worth it. So any positive things about it would be grealy appreciated! :)
    PS
    Did you run into anything else in the Lehigh valley/pocono area that was similar in pricing and package?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't look into anything in the Lehigh Valley area. That was too far for me. I honestly did not think I would choose Inne of the Abingtons before I saw it. I was totatally all about some of the other venues we had appointments with- The Water Front in WB, Montdale Country Club, Fiorelliis, Stroudsmoor were some of them.  When I went to my appointment I was blown away. They remodeled all inside and it looks amazing. The ball room is GOREOUS. The woodwork and cathedral ceiling in there with the twinkle lights draped around the top was exactly what I was hoping I could find. I could not stop thinking about it after I left! I had completely wrote them off and it ended up being the place I loved the most. Everyone was very friendly and it was by far the best price I found when comparing them to all of the other venues. They include so much in your package and it makes things so easy! They are also really flexible about allowing you to personaize the space if you wish.

I was there for a bridal shower a few years ago before they remodeled (in the smaller room, so I never saw the ballroom at that point) and the chicken and stuffed shells were delicious. We havent had our tasting yet for our wedding though.

If I had any complaints its that we want our ceremony outside and some of the other venues definitely have better ceremony settings outside. I like that the pavilion is covered so if it rains your guests won't get wet and the bride & groom can stand in the gazebo right in front of it...I wish they would pretty it up a little. It's right next to the concrete parking lot. They hang baskets of flowers in it but it still looks kind of blah to me. I am bringing a bunch of flowers and mason jars to give it a bit more pretty :) That's just me though and I am able to overlook it because of everything else and the fact we will probably only be out there for 20 minutes or so. Plus, that may not even effect you if you are having your ceremony elsewhere !
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • okeefehokeefeh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the info!!! i saw that the area under your picture said pocono/lehigh valley so I figured it was wroth a try :)
    We have currently relocated to Florida but both grew up in PA. Me in philly and my fiance up in monroe county so this place seems about 1/2 way for each of our families. fortunatlely or unfortuanately we haven't discussed the ceremony quite yet. we are just trying to look at venues when we visit in a few weeks lock one down and then worry about the deatils. thanks again i think this will def be on our list to check out. Stroudsmoor is on our list as well, did you have any thoughts on that.
    PS I'm loving the mason jar idea!!!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The venues & ceremony sites at Stroudsmoore are absolutely gorgeous. They were nice but we decided that the Inne was more conveneient for us and our guests and that the pricing from the Inne was much more affordable.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The cosmopolitan in Allentown is beautiful and reasonably priced. I think I saw you say you are planning from afar if that's the case I know a great wedding planner who has extremely reasonable rates if you are interested check out I do events by Lisa Yeager she is doing our wedding we have full planning, day of and rehearsal for only $650.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards