Chit Chat
Options

Auntie!

My FBIL called my FI this week to tell us that FSIL is expecting!  I'm so excited, but at the same time a little jealous.  I really want to start a family and we had planned on starting one last summer but my dad told me to wait until after the wedding.  All 3 members of my bridal party are now mothers.  But the wedding is now only a little over 4 months away and then we get to start trying.  I am stopping my birth control a few weeks prior to the wedding so we will be ready.  And I started to address envelopes for invites.  And work issue is still going strong...I have no hours next week and not sure if I got another position I interviewed for on Thursday.  But people are doing things on the complaints I had brought to their attention in December.

Re: Auntie!

• Options
    Thanks
  • Options
     Congrats!  The baby fever has started with me too~ It started with one of my BM  and I was hooked. 
  • Options
    My cousin, one of my bridesmaids, had her baby last May.  My other bridesmaid is due in the next few months.  And now my FSIL/MOH is expecting and due in August.  But atleast I finally have my implanon out...so things are getting closer.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_auntie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6ac0095e-e92e-44ff-a1ac-f4b7de18aadcPost:6ef1db58-ef8c-40c4-87e2-53dec23798eb">Auntie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FBIL called my FI this week to tell us that FSIL is expecting!  I'm so excited, but at the same time a little jealous.  <strong>I really want to start a family and we had planned on starting one last summer but my dad told me to wait until after the wedding. </strong> All 3 members of my bridal party are now mothers.  But the wedding is now only a little over 4 months away and then we get to start trying.  I am stopping my birth control a few weeks prior to the wedding so we will be ready.  And I started to address envelopes for invites.  And work issue is still going strong...I have no hours next week and not sure if I got another position I interviewed for on Thursday.  But people are doing things on the complaints I had brought to their attention in December.
    Posted by amhill87[/QUOTE]

<div>When you start TTC should be you and your SO's decision, not your father's.  Honestly, I'm not trying to be bitchy but this makes you sound childish.  If you are ready to get married and think about starting a family, then you should be mature enough to do it on your own timeline, not your daddy's.  </div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: Congratulations on becoming an aunt!</div>
  • Options
    My dad had given his opinion on the matter and I made the decision.  Though my FI had an opinion about that too.  But it has allowed us to get more out of credit card debt.
  • Options
    Congrats on being an auntie! I think it's natural to be a bit jealous. A couple of my friends have had babies lately and I do feel a little left out of their new "club." But I'm still really excited for them and love babysitting their little ones.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh I have severe baby fever and probably had it for a few years without a relationship lol. With FI though EVERY card his mother signs (even the bridal shower dog) it mentions grandbabies lol. Good luck and baby dust vibes...we have chosen to wait a few months until after the wedding before trying.
    Nichole Tampa, FL BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely love being an auntie. It's helped keep my own baby fever at bay until I'm sure we're ready! Congratulations!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    How wonderful and exciting!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_auntie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:6ac0095e-e92e-44ff-a1ac-f4b7de18aadcPost:2ea4b762-fe67-43ec-877c-8405f4b27b04">Re: Auntie!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My dad had given his opinion on the matter and I made the decision. </strong> Though my FI had an opinion about that too.  But it has allowed us to get more out of credit card debt.
    Posted by amhill87[/QUOTE]

That makes sense, but the fact that you felt the need to say "but my dad told us not to" makes it seem like his opinion has more weight that your (or your FI's) feelings.
    Its really nobody else's business when you decide to have children.

One other point though, I would recommend waiting until after your married to do anything with your birth control. It can really screw with your hormones to stop it suddenly and I would hate for you to run into some problems like getting your period on your wedding day (not that its the end of the world, but it would be nice not to have to deal with it)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I wanted a baby so bad until we got a dog. That little bundle of joy has been around for two years and I still haven't had a hint of baby fever.
  • Options

I removed my B.C. on Friday and started the pill on Sunday.  I have 4 months to be able to regulate my cycle.  I am going to stop my b.c. about a month from the wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards