Texas-Austin

Venue suggestions

Hello everyone,
Need help finding a venue.  I am looking for something with an outdoorsy "hill country" feel/look.  I would love it have a water view, but not necessary.  The venue can be in either San Antonio or Austin (or in between) since the ceremony will be in New Braunfels.  I would prefer it not to be on the outskirts or SA or Austin so that the distance traveled can be kept to a minimum.  I don't want guests driving more than 45 mins from the church to the reception.  I'd like a venue that I can bring in my own alcohol.  I think my biggest thing that I just can't seem to find it that perfect venue that is not too fancy/ballroom and more casual with a beautiful view and an outdoor area.  Any ideas?!  I've looked at so many places and am ready to book one already!!  Thanks in advance :)

Re: Venue suggestions

• SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend looked at the Winnfield Inn in Kyle and she was impressed. This would keep you fairly close to NB without having to venture into Austin. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think this is your second time posting this so I am just going to say I have no clue what is in that area. I really wish I could help.

-First I would make a list of the top ten places you think may work for you and like via a book or website.
    -Then call these places and ask them questions about alcohol, if your date is available, and a couple other important things to you.
    -Finally make an appointments to go see the place with the venues who you liked the best over the phone.

This is basically the process I did since i am planning an Austin area wedding while living in Houston. Good Luck.

EDIT: I am so bad with names. Sorry. It was someone else from San Antonio who asked a very similar question a few posts down. May want to see if those suggestions help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mrs.PurdueMrs.Purdue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe check into Memory Lane?  It's in Dripping Springs, not far from Salt Lick. 
    image  image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • laleighmoorelaleighmoore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a Winfield Inn bride so I am biased lol.

They have a wonderful outdoor ballroom... its very large so rain shouldn't be an issue. The grounds are gorgeous and its conveniently located in Kyle just south of Austin.
    I dont know if it is your religious preference to have a chuch ceremony or not but the Inn does not charge extra for you to use the Garden Gazebo.(although you will have to rent chairs for the ceremony).
    The white gazebo with red brick walkway was a big seller for me. Also, if you decide to do the garden ceremony the bridal suite is included in your facility rental - the view from the room and verandah upstairs overlooking the cars arriving and the ceremony site simply took my breath away. I could just visualize standing there getting ready for the big day all the while watching the ceremony being set up (by their staff and coordinators) and seeing my guests arrive.

There are a few others I checked into bt Austin/New Braunfels, I can check my email for their info if you have something specific in mind.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in New Braunfels at Boulder Springs. It is a nice venue. :)

I would suggest probably going to the San Antonio board to ask, because they are closer.
  • JudieNJudieN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends got married at Kali-Kate, don't know too much about it. But it was beautiful.
    http://www.kali-kate.com/

It is north of Austin, but may be a bit of a drive from N.B....not really sure...
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at The Terrace Club which is in Dripping Springs.  It has a very nice hill-country sunset view.
  • edited December 2011
    Vista West Ranch, Star Hill Ranch, Camp Lucy and Red Corral Ranch all come to mind.  All wonderful venues in the Texas Hill Country.  The first 3 are in Dripping Springs and Red Corral Ranch is in Wimberley.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011

I haven't been there yet, but I'm thinking about using T Bar M. They are right outside of New Braunfels. They seem very reasonable on food, drinks, and venue. I had some trouble getting anyone to answer the thing you fill out on the website, but I went through a different route and they have been very quick to respond and easy to talk to.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards