New Jersey - South

Pre-Cana

Anyone have the website to book the catholic pre-cana classes for the Camden Diocese? We are trying to book it but can't seem to find the website.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pre-Cana

• Laurie109Laurie109 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is IMPOSSIBLE!!!! We are getting married in PA, but we wanted to take Pre-cana in NJ and apparently none of the parishes offer it. When I contacted the diocese i was told it was "in transition" and they were hoping to move it back into the parishes. Haven't heard anything else! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    We were not given a website to use to book our Pre Cana.  The priest preparing us gave us the phone number and email address of the pre cana contact for his parish.  The Camden Diocese is in transition with their pre cana, but I was under the impression that the final transistion shouldn't be until next year.  Try calling your local parish or your parent's parish and speak with the secretary there.  They may be able to direct you to people who are conducting the pre cana.  Our pre cana was done in one day at the Rowan Campus Catholic House, so you may be able to just call their directly.  From what I understand, currently each parish offers the pre cana, but after the tradition it will be offered by the diocese.
  • cmblaneycmblaney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked through the Diocese of Trenton website.  Go to "Media and Events" then "Event Calendar".  Click on the one you want to register for!

http://www.dioceseoftrenton.org
  • bakersduzinbakersduzin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had signed up for the classes back in April, and even then they were only offering a few sessions that weren't the weekend-long Engaged Encounter. FI and I are going on a Friday night & Saturday in mid-October at St. Charles Borromeo in Sicklerville. When we first talked to my priest about marriage prep, he said that they were doing away with the Pre-Cana classes and transitioning to a couple-to-couple mentoring program. I knew that FI would be super uncomfortable doing that, so I made sure I signed us up for one of the last Pre-Cana sessions. I would check on the different diocesian websites to see if there are any spots still available for the "old" classes.
    Anniversary
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!

We booked: The Engaged Encounter in Vineland for Friday, November 11-November 13.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    TaraW we'll be there as well...they have no other dates before our wedding really.  I'll be the woman that walks in and has the church crumble down upon her!
  • TaraW1979TaraW1979 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-new-jersey_pre-cana-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:128Discussion:73693f6c-5207-476a-9885-a48af161e1f0Post:ea7d3634-3a1c-4057-b489-5e347522f86e">Re: Pre-Cana</a>:
    [QUOTE]TaraW we'll be there as well...they have no other dates before our wedding really.  I'll be the woman that walks in and has the church crumble down upon her!
    Posted by Soon2BNicoleD[/QUOTE]

Great! I'll see you and your FI then.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards